*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Associate
read on previous page I need wii remotes still, just one question then the normal ones or worth getting the enhanced sensor once? And the pro pad...

If you get a wii remote "plus" it has the enchanced motion sensor built in, so no need to worry about extras on that. The pro pad can be used for selected games (you can usually find which controls work for a game on the box/wikis/nintendo site) and is just an old school option for games where you don't need motion control as an essential, and you're not fussed about the touch screen features.

Associate
You were getting me worried their! I sent the other half a link to a Wii remote for Christmas, but I wasn't sure if it was the plus version or not. Thankfully it is :D

Soldato
I'm using Wii mote plus's for the Sports and the additional motion sensors are definitely coming into play - you can visually see the spin you're applying to the ball in the Tennis & Bowling.

Associate
So I owned a Wii for a few months after release bought quite a few VC games then sold it on, am I right in thinking without the console to do a transfer to my wii u I can't get the wii u version of the VC games cheap?

Soldato
So I owned a Wii for a few months after release bought quite a few VC games then sold it on, am I right in thinking without the console to do a transfer to my wii u I can't get the wii u version of the VC games cheap?

Well, this isn't a definitive answer, but I don't know how the Wii U would "know" from looking at the Wii system transfer data whether the game is one you own. The Wii mode is more like emulation, it completely starts the console in it's own Wii mode.

Surely it'd make more sense to look at your Club Nintendo count full stop? Especially as you still have to pay an upgrade to download to the Wii U.

Someone will know I'm sure.

Associate

All VC games are tied to the console they were downloaded on as far as i,m aware.
Maybe Nintendo will switch to account based downloads in the future.
A friend of mine was lucky he bought a used Wii for £20 and it had about 10 VC games which he has now transfered to his Wii U
Its about 99p to upgrade each game from Wii to Wii U as long as its a Wii U virtual console release in the eShop. I,m hoping that N64 Games are released soon on the Wii U virtual console as id love to play Super Mario64 in full screen and on the gamepad.

Soldato
Mario's pretty nasty on the DS due to lack of analogue. I hope we get a remake one day, for the Galaxy games too, but for now I'd go with emulation or old skool with an N64 and tiny crt :)

Nintendo need to make a true Mario 64 followup!

XPE

XPE

Soldato
While it isn't analogue the circle pad helps a lot with Mario 64 DS, even more if you compare it to the DS lite D-pad which was practically useless for Mario 64 DS.

Soldato
I just downloaded Wind Waker but the icon on the main menu is something weird. Shouldn't it be the Zelda logo?

Also is it possible to play on the tv without the screen on the pad being on?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom