*** Official Nintendo Wii U thread ***

Soldato
as above
i hold eurogamer responible for the most part. Lately the quality of some of their reporting has been awful. Xbox One "they take away our somethingor other and expect us to smile" as an example, as well as the way their headings draw a conclusion straight away without basis most if the time. not limited to the Wii U

Wind Waker while cartoony is 1080p for godness sake. no chance of the older consoles doing that.

Eurogamer has gone down hill, a lot of rather needless Wii U and XB1 bashing and articles aimed at getting a reaction rather than containing a vaguely informed or objective opinion.

I've got all 3 of the next/current gen consoles and the Wii U is on daily, XB1 a couple of times weekly and PS4 is almost redundant.

Associate
Liking the wiimote, is it a motion plus one? Also how much did it cost you?

Yeah it is motion plus. Guessing it was one of the first ones. It was £77, but that was the Zelda SS bundle. So the game, controller and music CD. Great pack! That was new though, could get it cheaper second hand.

Associate
I now have all of the new consoles and having the most fun with the wii u at the moment. Playing Mario with my 5 year old is class and we are both having a great time playing it. Any other games i can play coop with a 5 year old?. Ideally unlimited continues or lives that we can progress without having to start again.

Soldato
I now have all of the new consoles and having the most fun with the wii u at the moment. Playing Mario with my 5 year old is class and we are both having a great time playing it. Any other games i can play coop with a 5 year old?. Ideally unlimited continues or lives that we can progress without having to start again.

New Super Mario Bros Wii U, Nintendoland, Wii Party U.

Caporegime

Lego games?

Rayman too, I think...

On that, is there any online coop games for it?

Associate

Disney Infinity.

I play with my 5 year old son. We have both Mario 3d and Infinity.
It's Infinity that gets the play time.

It ain't cheap and you'll get dragged into the whole buying more figures malarkey, but even with the starter pack on it's own there is a LOT to do.

Soldato
Up until yesterday I've been gaming on my lounge TV - an old Toshiba 32" LCD TV, HD Ready.

Cutting edge it was not.

Yesterday all that changed - Panasonic 1080P LED (still 32" - I don't like huge TVs) - fired up a few Wii U games to see how it looked.

MOTHER OF GOD.

I'm seeing details I've never seen before - I've literally got to fire up every game now just to see what I've been missing! Massive improvement in sound quality too - I've now got sound with actual BASS. The Toshiba must have had a layer of vaseline on the screen. :p

Back
Top Bottom