BMW and M Power Owners

Associate
Cheers guys I'm chuffed with it. Fox you're right my bad, sport hold the m!

Wondered if anyone knows the answer to a niggly issue I have - the toolkit which is attached to the underside of the bootlid is missing it's bottom 2 fixings either side, it's only secured with the top central plastic screw - so every so often the entire thing will just fall off. I've tried ordering some trim fixings from the bay but they're not right , does anyone know the part number or where I can get my hands on some? Will grab a pic if it helps. Cheers!

Soldato
Cheers guys I'm chuffed with it. Fox you're right my bad, sport hold the m!

Wondered if anyone knows the answer to a niggly issue I have - the toolkit which is attached to the underside of the bootlid is missing it's bottom 2 fixings either side, it's only secured with the top central plastic screw - so every so often the entire thing will just fall off. I've tried ordering some trim fixings from the bay but they're not right , does anyone know the part number or where I can get my hands on some? Will grab a pic if it helps. Cheers!

Not sure if this link will work but can you see anything like you need on that if it works?
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=BD52&mospid=47620&hg=51&fg=65

Soldato
Collected my first BMW yesterday Morning.

Phone pic.

IMAG0530_zps0726197c.jpg

iDrive is both amazing and complicated lol. Still learning how to use it

Soldato
My new car ready for summer:

BM5.jpg

BM6.jpg

BM2.jpg

53 plate 330ci m-sport, 6 speed manual vert, with harmon kardon, tv (albeit redundant!) and electric everything. Cost me £5k on the nose with 95k on the clock, slightly higher miles than desired but felt this was reflected in the price, it has been well looked after and serviced. Been looking for quite a while and this was the best example from a nice previous owner so snapped it up.

The engine is sublime, loving the power and burble from the straight 6. Carried out some small jobs so far, golf tee modded the exhaust - the butterfly valve was completely ceased shut, this was persuaded open with some wd40 and some harsh language, dropped in a new panel filter, treated the leather, hood etc. Looking to carry out some preventative maintenance next month, replace vanos seals which are not giving any issues but due to be done and give it a full service.

My wife and I have recently gone from never owning a BMW to owning 2, she also purchased an 08 120d m-sport auto, clearly the 2 are completely different machines but loving the quality of both!

Looks absolutely lovely.

I've just got myself a 330ci, but cheaper than yours, prefacelift and obviously not in as good a condition as yours cosmetically. Congrats :)

Man of Honour
It's a facelift convertible, convertibles hold value, you know this, the latest trend of 'compare everything to trade auction value and declare it expensive' is getting tiresome now Jez :p

If you fancy moaning about actual high values pop along to the E39 thread where some dealers are trying to get £6k for E39's :D

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
God yes, i saw that rather average looking sport tourer at £5.5k, now that IS expensive you must agree :eek:

nas

nas

Associate
Hi all,

I'm currently on the hunt for a e92 coupe, to cut a long story short, I've found 2 both priced pretty much the same, same year, engine, trim etc (give or take a few ££).

Which would be the better option?

1) no drive, low mileage (sub 50k)
2) idrive, high mileage (70k+)

Man of Honour
Hi all,

I'm currently on the hunt for a e92 coupe, to cut a long story short, I've found 2 both priced pretty much the same, same year, engine, trim etc (give or take a few ££).

Which would be the better option?

1) no drive, low mileage (sub 50k)
2) idrive, high mileage (70k+)

This would depend on which model it was. I couldnt be bothered with the hassle of one without a warranty unless it was an N52 engined example so I'd end up with neither as no idrive makes the interior crap.

Soldato
As Fox and Voxination have said. The iDrive makes a world of difference to the overall feel of the car. But the 70k+ one will come with an expensive warranty attached.

I would save my pennies and up my budget until I could get a sub 60k one with iDrive.

Back
Top Bottom