Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Caporegime
Interest rate rise to 1%/1.5% this month(very possible). Premium bonds will be making 2 millionaires from August from currently one.

not likely

not the idea of a rise... that is possible and likely to happen over the next year however you'll unlikely see one taking us to above 1% within a month... you'll see either a rise of 0.25 or 0.5 taking us to 0.75 or 1%

Soldato
. Probably put the money into Woodford new fund.

Now the fund is open, Ive been doing some reading and it looks to be more of the same from Woodford, he's basically replicating the Investco Perp High Income fund. No bad thing I guess, but I already hold his old fund.

He will be launching another smaller UK companies fund not long after apparently.

Associate
Interest rate rise to 1%/1.5% this month(very possible). Premium bonds will be making 2 millionaires from August from currently one.

Are you willing to take bets on that 1.5% rate, I'll bet you a grand that they won't be at 1.5% ;). Edit just in case there's a no betting thing on the forums - this is obviously just to show my disbelief that rates won't rise, not a serious offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thats why I have no clue what asos is worth, its not amazon is it :o
GRaph was already broke from previous falls, buy 2000 maybe 2500:confused:

RRL is up 25% Bought a couple of those at least. Double volume for today, would be good if it could pan out and break its downtrend properly

Looking back Im thinking big shares like EZJ are best or easier profit then aim. Buy 1300, sell 1700 I think would be good but the share is strong long term looks like

vanadium, a commodity which we believe has strong underlying fundamentals driven by China’s and other developing economies’ increasing demand for high quality alloyed steel.”

Anyone agree with that especially? actually I know someone in alloys, I guess I can ask
http://minesite.com/news/anglo-paci...um-royalty-deal-with-a-10-million-fundraising

Soldato
Currently sitting on +£100 with a £1 spread on ASOS. How greedy should I be? :p

stick with it - it will come back - usual shock tactics from results and bounce back (i've been trying to get on it since this morning to spreadbet it as well but stupid works internet is up and down all the time)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe the thread to ask since we don't have a specific investment one but wondering if anyone here holds any ETCs for that out there diversification?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Well GVC.L continues to pay very handsomely indeed.

Screen_Shot_2014_06_08_at_20_38_36.png

On top of this fantastic capital appreciation, it has paid out a whopping 91.5 Euro cents per share in the last two years. I have re-invested the lot and more. This share has literally changed my life, as I made a large investment at about £1.20, and in my opinion is still undervalued.

I would imagine given the recent rises, there will be a pullback at some point soon, but in any case, just wanted to put it on people's radars...

As Brazil's largest online gaming operator, the next few weeks could be massive for them!

Soldato
Maybe the thread to ask since we don't have a specific investment one but wondering if anyone here holds any ETCs for that out there diversification?

Commoditys ? Yes now seems a good time, I just wish I'd clicked 2011 was a sell.
I guess the debt default thing was an apex

My broker wants to telephone interview me on my expertise for such treacherous things. ie. they think im too poor
Yes they can be leveraged and quite a few use/most futures but I held one for 4 years, it didnt blow up (I did sell most of it way back but not the miners so much :o)
dont use ETN, thats a cheque post dated
CharlesStanleyDirect ‏@CStanleyDirect 53m
@GarryWhite: With Primark’s plans becoming more ambitious is splitting up AB Foods best for shareholders? http://ow.ly/xMSYQ

ESSAR being delisted. VGM bought by the Chinese, who are its biggest customers (but declared no increase in gold holding)- the chinese, etc. maybe a few others. Really nice to buy in a fire sale (if theres going to be a market for it). FRES went from 100 to 2000 in not that long, its 780 again now

Well GVC.L continues to pay very handsomely indeed.

As Brazil's largest online gaming operator, the next few weeks could be massive for them!

Intel is doing fabulous, I held so much more previously but I basically hold the profits for higher. Anything like ASOS or GVC I'd argue similar even when it shines. Brazil has a lot of strikes now, theres always some bug in the soup waiting to pop up.
INTC shares look strong and afaik their actions are good for the future
BP up also despite ongoing costs still rising
U.S. top court denies BP stay request
WASHINGTON, June 9 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday declined to block payments BP PLC BP.L is required to pay to businesses demanding compensation for the 2010 Gulf of Mexico oil spill while the company appeals a lower court ruling. The high court rejected the company's emergency application, filed on May 28 after the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals lifted an injunction that had prevented payments being made.

UPDATE 1-Iraq says to take "severe measures" over Kurdish oil exports
(Adds quotes, details on oilfields) By Rania El Gamal VIENNA, June 9 (Reuters) -

Iraq's oil minister on Monday condemned the export of pipeline crude from Iraqi Kurdistan and threatened the region and Turkey, its point of export, with severe measures. "What happened in my view was the biggest mistake that has been made by the Kurds and the Turks...and the Iraqi government will take severe measures," Abdul Kareem Luaibi told a news briefing. He repeated that Baghdad would sue the Turkish government and Turkish pipeline state owned operator Botas for facilitating the sale of crude from the Kurdish region without the central government's consent. The Iraqi government was in the process informing the United Nations about Ankara's role in the shipment, he added. "We have no choice but to go to arbitration and they (Turkish government) have been informed," Luaibi said. The semi-autonomous northern Kurdish region has not been exporting any crude through the Baghdad-controlled Iraq-Turkey pipeline since the end of 2012. The oil minister said he expects production this year to average 3.7 million barrels per day without any output from the Kurdish region. Exports would average 3 million bpd in 2014, he added. Baghdad has signed a series of deals to develop its giant southern oilfields with major oil companies - including BP BP.L which is leading the project at Rumaila, ExxonMobil XOM.N is in charge of West Qurna 1, while Royal Dutch Shell RDSa.L is operating Majnoon. Luaibi said he expected finalising amendements to the exisiting contracts "within days" to lower the previously estimated output capacity from 9 million bpd to 8.4 million bpd after 2018 and extending the life of the deals beyond 20 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is anyone else using iWeb share dealing? I can no longer fund my account there by a monthly DD, I have to log in each time to fund it. It seems that I can't instruct my stocks ISA account to fund a fund manager monthly either, clicking to do so just takes me to the one off purchase screen, which charges me £5 every time I want a trade.

Caporegime
Commoditys ? Yes now seems a good time, I just wish I'd clicked 2011 was a sell.
I guess the debt default thing was an apex

My broker wants to telephone interview me on my expertise for such treacherous things. ie. they think im too poor
Yes they can be leveraged and quite a few use/most futures but I held one for 4 years, it didnt blow up (I did sell most of it way back but not the miners so much :o)
dont use ETN, thats a cheque post dated

Yeah, but no quite Gold or Oil... I mean like WOOD or HOGS, random sectors.

Soldato
reminds me of trading places. I dont try to do sectors, I buy the CRB index which is just a mix of everything

Its a bit too hot for me to juggle, I dont know the next harvest or if buildings will use up a lot of wood stock or something.
All sorts of strange things can happen, commoditys can be a currency proxy. In China they were using pure copper by the tons as mortgage security in deals, the gov banned it but for a while the price really boomed. Copper has been a monetary element at times in history, Coffee is a big deal but I dont try to guess these things!
In vietnam houses are traded with gold bars, even oil can get weird relate to shipping, politics etc in theory we could be swamped with oil, depends on Iraq imo then global growth

TSB looks a definite maybe
TSB Banking Group plc - Offer

TSB Banking Group plc (referred to as "TSB" and "the Company") has launched an Offer of up to 125,000,000 Ordinary shares in TSB (25 per cent of the issued Ordinary share capital of the Company). The number of Ordinary shares to be issued may be increased or decreased during the course of the Offer.

We would like to give you the opportunity to participate in this public offering to invest in TSB Ordinary shares prior to their listing on the London Stock Exchange. Whether or not the Offer (or any part of it) will proceed, and the number of shares to be made available under the Offer (or any part of it), will only be decided by Lloyds Bank plc at the time of the determination of the Offer Price.

This communication is issued by, and is the sole responsibility of, IWeb Share Dealing, operated by Halifax Share Dealing Limited. This offer is only available to customers who are located in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. Any application to participate in the Offer can and will only be made on the basis of the Prospectus, together with any supplements thereto, including the pricing notification to be published in due course.

The Offer price per Ordinary share is expected to be between 220p and 290p per Ordinary share.

The minimum investment is GBP750. There is no maximum application amount.

Under the terms of the Offer, investors should not make multiple elections. Where multiple elections are made, these will be amalgamated to submit a single application on your behalf.

Please be aware that this is a General Public Offer and is being offered to you independently of any current share holdings you may have.

Below you will find relevant information about the IPO process, including details of the web page hosting the Prospectus. We are unable to provide any financial advice regarding this Offer: any application to invest must be based entirely on the Prospectus. If you are in any doubt as to the content of the Prospectus we recommend that you seek appropriate financial advice in order to gain a full understanding.

If you would like to apply please ensure you submit your option before 17 June 2014 23:59 to enable us to process your instruction in accordance with the Company's timetable for this event. The Company reserves the right to amend the deadline for applying for shares at any stage in the process. If this happens then we will process the applications received as at the amended date.

Before proceeding with an application you must read, and take the necessary steps to understand, the Prospectus.

If you do not wish to participate, please take no further action.

You Have The Following Option:

1 Apply for TSB Banking Group plc.

We will process your instruction on or after 17 June 2014 23:59. Please ensure funds to take up your Entitlement are available as detailed in the 'How Will Payment be Made?' section.

If you do not have sufficient cleared funds to take up all of the specified number of shares then we will take up the maximum number of shares we can based on the funds available.

Important Information & Other Key Dates:

The Company reserves the right to amend the deadline for applying for shares at any stage in the process. If this happens then we will process the applications received as at the amended date.

The Company intends to apply for admission of its Ordinary shares to the Premium Listing Segment of the Official List of the Financial Conduct Authority and to trading on the London Stock Exchange's main market for listed securities. It is expected that Admission will become effective on 20 June 2014 with conditional dealings commencing on that day. Unconditional dealings will commence on 25 June 2014. Please note that, if for any reason, the Offer were to not go ahead any dealings undertaken during the conditional dealings period of 20 June 2014 - 25 June 2014 may be subject to change. Any changes will be communicated at that time.

The Offer price per Ordinary share is expected to be between 220p and 290p per Ordinary share, implying a market capitalisation on Admission of between GBP1.1 billion and GBP1.45 billion. The publication of the Offer price is expected to be on or after 20 June 2014 prior to the start of conditional dealing.

By applying for shares, you irrevocably agree to invest in shares up to the amount stated in your application regardless of whether the Offer price per share is set within the price range as set out in the Prospectus, or outside of that range.

The allocation policy for the Offer will be determined at the absolute discretion of the Company (as detailed in the Prospectus). We will then apply this allocation policy to all applications. In the event of the Offer being scaled back, any consideration owed to you will be returned.

Whether or not the Offer (or any part of it) will proceed, and the number of shares to be made available under the Offer (or any part of it), will only be decided by Lloyds Bank plc at the time of the determination of the Offer price.

TSB plc Ordinary shares may be held in a Share Dealing Account, an ISA or a SIPP. Please ensure that should you hold multiple accounts with us, you elect and fund the account in which you would like to take up the Offer.

Halifax Share Dealing Limited (HSDL) will receive an initial commission of 0.85 percent for any shares allotted to HSDL under the Offer from The Authorised Offeror but you will not be charged any dealing commission for this initial allotment, nor will your investment be reduced to cover this.

Before making any decision please take into consideration all relevant factors of the event including any possible tax implications. If you require any further information in making your decision please contact an appropriate independent advisor.

What Happens If I Don't Elect ?

If you do not wish to apply for any shares you should take no action.

When Is The Last Time I Can Elect ?

Please ensure you submit your option before 17 June 2014 23:59 to enable us to process your instruction in accordance with the Company's timetable for this event.

How Will Payment Be Made ?

Your Cash Management Account must be funded with sufficient cash by 17 June 2014 23:59.

The most efficient way to fund your Cash Management Account is by using a debit card, where you can fund your account immediately using the 'Fund and Withdraw' facility online or by contacting our call centre.
If you do not have a debit card set up on your account, simply contact our call centre and we can set this up immediately.
If you choose to sell shares held in your Share Dealing Account to raise funds required for this Offer the Settlement Date of the sale will need to be by 17 June 2014 23:59.

Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure sufficient cleared funds are available in your Cash Management Account by 17 June 2014 23:59. Payment will NOT be taken from your bank account automatically.

If you do not have sufficient cleared funds then we will take up the maximum number of shares we can based on the funds available.

Making My Decision:

I elect to buy TSB Banking Group plc. I have read the prospectus and agree to the terms of the Offer. The amount entered below reflects the quantity of cash I wish to invest (GBP2100.00 should be entered as 2100).
Please ensure you have funds available as detailed in 'How Will Payment Be Made?' section.
Please enter the total value (in £) required:

Essar Oil rises 10% in Bombay on its new gov, just as the shares delist here. Medusa gold is another one. India stocks could rise a lot maybe, its just as valid as china

Soldato
Some more info on the TSB float at Proactive Investors. I'm very undecided on this one at the moment. Only 'Pro' is that it looks cheap, but quite a few 'Con's:

- No dividend until at least 2017
- Lloyds will only be selling 25% off, so more sales later on will depress the SP.
- They look to be wanting to aggressively grow their business (40 to 50% balance sheet increase) .... that's what Northern Rock did !

The sale is only because Brussels is forcing them into it. I suspect that whoever our new government in may next year turns out to be is either going to stick 2 fingers up to the EU and act like the French - we'll only obey the rules we want to obey - or get banking supervision returned back to national governments (which amount to the same result).

Back
Top Bottom