Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Well, my Shimano shoes died extremely quickly :p (though to be fair I've put 5.5k miles through them since the end of January).

As you say, it's only £15. I'll probably pick up some tomorrow. Looking at them they're cold weather wear but not waterproof. Is that right?

Cheap and waterproof does usually enter the same sentence when it comes to jerseys. The Castelli Gabba is probably the best waterproof jersey and that is £100+

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah..I'd expect that. These don't look like they even make the pretence of being waterproof (which actually gives me more hope for them being good at the thing they're meant to do - be warm in dry but cold conditions). Or have I missed something?

Soldato
Yeah..I'd expect that. These don't look like they even make the pretence of being waterproof (which actually gives me more hope for them being good at the thing they're meant to do - be warm in dry but cold conditions). Or have I missed something?

That sounds about right, good cycling jersey material is designed to quickly wick away sweat without actually absorbing it. To be honest it looks like you could probably wear them quite comfortably in summer too, but i just wanted something with a bit more wind protection than my black short sleeved B'twin jersey since i feel it more on my arms. I got it in blue as well for slightly better night riding safety.

Soldato
Nonsense platypus. Look at this scientific comparison of a black top in the dark to a blue one:

Black:
black-square.jpg

Blue:
black-square.jpg

That could save your life!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom