Road Cycling Essentials

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
During the last 365 days you have spent: £239.80

Not bad considering I only discovered Wiggle a few months ago lol

I've pushed all my cycling purchases through them because of the good prices, discounts and support they offer (Platinum is 12% off if you've spent over £500!) - thinking to buy a bike from them in future... Good idea or should I be doing the same somewhere else?! Many of the bikes on offer (which would put a good one within my future budget) wouldn't be subject to the discount so it's a false economy slightly lol :rolleyes::D:p

Associate
Not bad considering I only discovered Wiggle a few months ago lol

I've pushed all my cycling purchases through them because of the good prices, discounts and support they offer (Platinum is 12% off if you've spent over £500!) - thinking to buy a bike from them in future... Good idea or should I be doing the same somewhere else?! Many of the bikes on offer (which would put a good one within my future budget) wouldn't be subject to the discount so it's a false economy slightly lol :rolleyes::D:p

I've managed to go into Platinum by putting nearly all my cycle related purchases though them and getting them to pricematch any items I've found cheaper elsewhere.

Soldato
During the last 365 days you have spent: £548.30 - though given that £200 of that was a joint present for a friend my spending is really more in line with most people here I guess.

£281 for me. Not too bad. Just did a price match on some bib knickers which boosted it by £80 but I needed some roubaix ones for autumn and spring. I'll eek another year out my dhb tights for the winter riding. this year hasnt been too bad for me with no big purchases really. Must try harder in 2015.

Soldato
I don't want to look at how much I've spent. I dread to think with my recent purchases for my new bike.

The bike ride on Sunday was a killer http://www.strava.com/activities/194431636

Went in a group of three. One of us got a bit too excited and went off ahead with the 'faster' pack leaving myself and another to get lost. Even though we did the same route the previous year. We eventually got back on course just in time to face Hollinsclough: http://www.strava.com/segments/7044234. Steeper than I remember!

Lovely weather today but sunset at 7:22. So I'd probably spend more time getting ready, showering and getting changed after than actually riding tonight.

Soldato
So my accommodation wants me to move my bike from underneath the stairs where it's safe, convenient, not in the way at all and not exposed to the elements so it won't rust immediately. Into a tiny bike shed where bikes are left "at owner's risk". And pay £10 for the privilege. Sigh...

Soldato
So my accommodation wants me to move my bike from underneath the stairs where it's safe, convenient, not in the way at all and not exposed to the elements so it won't rust immediately. Into a tiny bike shed where bikes are left "at owner's risk". And pay £10 for the privilege. Sigh...

sounds great.. then again we have 6 bikes in house with my brother! but there's only two of us so we've got the space and we both cycle, no women to care about ;D

Soldato

Flats I used to live in did this and it was a tiny shed across the car park, one of the other guys in the flats 'collected' bikes from his friends and kids, filled the shed, then put his bikes back in the safe area (under stairs again!). I imagine his conversation was probably along the lines of "We've filled the 'at risk' area, our expensive bikes are back in the secure area. Give us a secure location or lump it". :p

Soldato
Just got back from the hospital and after 3 ~ Months been given the all clear to put full weight on my leg. Also said its fine to start cycling again whenever your muscles have recovered.

To say I'm over the moon is an understatement!!:D

Soldato

Just keep the bike in the flat?

Soldato
Yeah. Unfortunately my phone (Nexus 5) only supports Ant+ via a third party application. On top of that if I want to get an InRide at some point it'll have to be BT so I thought I may as well go for that.

I've ordered a compatible BT dongle now but it sounds like even with that support for BT stuff is a little flaky in TrainerRoad :/

That's a really nice looking bike.

Does the UCI stuff really matter that much for the coming year?

Have you seen this...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.z2software.antplus&hl=en

Soldato
Just keep the bike in the flat?

That's what i was doing before, but it's kind of awkward. It digs into my shoulder while carrying it up the stairs, the doors are all really heavy and close before i have a chance to get the bike through and i don't have much space in my room as it is. There's also:

11 Not to bring into the Property any bicycles, bird, fish or any animal and not to leave anything in any entrance or other common part of the Building.

Although i doubt they'll actually check rooms...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom