The **Now Drinking** Thread

Man of Honour
Not drinking now, but introduced to it on the weekend and have to share my new found love.

Lambs spiced rum. I don't like rum, but this stuff is amazing.

Soldato
Had several glasses of this the other night - anyone else tried it?

*sixpoint bengali tiger*

One of the best beers I've ever tried!

Yup I've tried that. In Weatherspoons right? Quite strong from memory.

Currently rehydrating with some standard water. Few too many coffees today has left me more than a little parched.

Soldato
Yup I've tried that. In Weatherspoons right? Quite strong from memory.

Currently rehydrating with some standard water. Few too many coffees today has left me more than a little parched.

Yeah that's right - it's around 6% if memory serves me right. :p

Just been reading up on them and apparently they're available as part of a promotional deal throughout September in all Weatherspoons. At £2.49 for a 330ml can I'd urge anyone reading this thread who is a beer fan to go purchase a couple of cans it really is that good. I also read they interviewed the bar manager of the Edinburgh branch who said up until this, their best selling 330ml can was Irn Bru (figures) he also seemed to think the stemmed glasses they've bought in to serve these will "walk out of the door"

He might be right . . . . . . . :p

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah that's right - it's around 6% if memory serves me right. :p

Just been reading up on them and apparently they're available as part of a promotional deal throughout September in all Weatherspoons. At £2.49 for a 330ml can I'd urge anyone reading this thread who is a beer fan to go purchase a couple of cans it really is that good. I also read they interviewed the bar manager of the Edinburgh branch who said up until this, their best selling 330ml can was Irn Bru (figures) he also seemed to think the stemmed glasses they've bought in to serve these will "walk out of the door"

He might be right . . . . . . . :p

All of the Sixpoint beers in Wetherspoons are good. They're not a promotional September thing, they have been selling them for a few month as part of their move (or introduction) to craft beer.

They are re-branding from tomorrow and will also be selling Lagunitas IPA, Devil's Backbone IPA, another from Brewdog and some Adnams ones. Not always been a fan of Spoons but with the quality of some of the beers they are getting at the price, can't go wrong.

Soldato
Got a £50 voucher to spend on wine which came with a recent order from somewhere else. Have to buy from virginwines.co.uk/ only thing is i never drink wine so wondering what to go for? ah had a look and you have buy a 12 bottle case in which you get 50 quid off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom