• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Finally with a bit of luck I should be getting my IP6 64GB from O2 this week, maybe tomorrow!

Phoned them up today to find out what's going on as I ordered it on the 20th Sept. . .

I am getting some money back though so not too bad for waiting.

Looking forward to it.

:cool:

Man of Honour
MKBHD's 6 Plus review:

It's being compared to the normal 6. Long story short: it's an excellent phone and it's better than the regular 6 if you can manage it.

Imy

Imy

Soldato
I think the battery life on my 6+ is really good but as everyone's usage is different it's going to be difficult to compare.

When I first got it, I managed to get 3 days light usage out of it before it needed to be charged again. I regularly leave work at 5pm with 95% remaining.

I guess I don't use it as much as some people though.

Associate
Everyone says that with the 6+ you can be a heavy user and still get a full days usage out of it, due mostly to the larger battery over the 6. Im not getting the phone just for that though, but because I do prefer the large screen phones, currently have a Samsung S4, and the jump from what I had before (Iphone 4S) was massive, and just couldnt go back to any small screen phones again

Associate
Received my IP6 64GB safe and sound from 3 yesterday ... wow ... just ... WOW ... God knows I thought my 5 was the nuts when I got it a couple of years ago, but I love this phone :D

Makes a massive difference having it on a decent network as well - it picked up 3G in my home village as it was booting up for the first time, before I even had chance to get it on our WiFi ... you get nothing in our area on Vodafone. Went out for a curry with my missus and brother last night - 3G all the way. On the 20-mile drive into work this morning - 3G all the way and actually picked up 4G along one part of the M11 ... again, I had none of that on Vodafone. In order to get 3G with them you had to drive into the outskirts of Cambridge. Great to be able to use a smartphone to full advantage when out and about.

Cannot speak highly enough of 3 so far - their coverage in this area is fantastic and apart from the delay in sending my phone out, they've been very slick and on-the-ball to deal with. Porting my old number over should complete later today/first thing tomorrow and I'll be well chuffed ...

Man of Honour
The battery life on my 6+ is excellent, I can get 10-12 hours of usage over 2 whole days, the majority of that usage being screen on time at a medium level of brightness.

My signal strength is... average, so it'd be even better if that was stronger.

I haven't got anything disabled, all location services are on, emails syncing regularly, etc.

It's actually surprised me, I expected it to be very good but not this good. It pretty much can't be flattened in one day unless you're on it almost non-stop at high brightness.

Associate
When I get mine I would probably like it on a medium-high level of brightness, and I do play a lot of a certain number of games on my current phone, so iphone there will be better, more smoother games than the android side. Someone at work has the Iphone 6+ 128gb edition, and must say it made me very envious and jealous

Man of Honour
When I get mine I would probably like it on a medium-high level of brightness, and I do play a lot of a certain number of games on my current phone, so iphone there will be better, more smoother games than the android side. Someone at work has the Iphone 6+ 128gb edition, and must say it made me very envious and jealous

Just bear in mind that, especially at high brightness, intensive games will deplete the battery much quicker than web browsing/video watching, or similar. The same applies to all devices with a battery, though.

Soldato
mine is now at 39% and come off charge at 7:30 :( wont make it till i get home at 8 :(
It's always worth checking your settings, some apps enable Background App Refresh on installation or new updates that add support, and of course Location Settings are also worth checking.

Not that it shouldn't last the day, however it could be an application running in the background unnecessarily.

Soldato
How are people finding the battery life on the 6+? mine doesn't seem that good?

OMG!!! Please, please, PLEEEAASEEE tell us what you were doing with your 6+ (SIX PLUS!!) that day?

That can't just be from messing about on Facebook can it? Do you leave brightness on maximum? Is the screen set to never auto lock? Did you have poor reception for most of the day? Were you streaming music via Spotify over 3G in the background? Do you have poor WiFi casing many disconnects? Is bluetooth constantly turned on? Is autoupdates turned on?

We can all learn from how not to use the iPhone if you give us some genuine explination, because that's just baffling.

Last edited:
Soldato
It always makes me laugh, they never explain how they have poor battery just moan and leave. Almost like they've been asked to admit doing something wrong.

Soldato
Received my IP6 64GB safe and sound from 3 yesterday ... wow ... just ... WOW ... God knows I thought my 5 was the nuts when I got it a couple of years ago, but I love this phone :D

Makes a massive difference having it on a decent network as well - it picked up 3G in my home village as it was booting up for the first time, before I even had chance to get it on our WiFi ... you get nothing in our area on Vodafone. Went out for a curry with my missus and brother last night - 3G all the way. On the 20-mile drive into work this morning - 3G all the way and actually picked up 4G along one part of the M11 ... again, I had none of that on Vodafone. In order to get 3G with them you had to drive into the outskirts of Cambridge. Great to be able to use a smartphone to full advantage when out and about.

Cannot speak highly enough of 3 so far - their coverage in this area is fantastic and apart from the delay in sending my phone out, they've been very slick and on-the-ball to deal with. Porting my old number over should complete later today/first thing tomorrow and I'll be well chuffed ...

so, erm, how's the phone?:o

Back
Top Bottom