*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Soldato
Hmm the self-cracking doesn't sound good(it's not an egg where the self-cracking would be more useful, well not while they're in the fridge/shop obviously), had my eye on this phone but the screen issue like someone else said a few days back has me unsure.

Associate
Who are you insured with if you dont mind me asking? Good luck either way.

does anyone have this accuweather app installed as standard? Is there anyway to have it go to the weather of your location?

This is my first smart phone ever I'm a little behind on this android stuff :o

Insurance2go.

And thanks will post an update when I have one.

Associate
does anyone have this accuweather app installed as standard? Is there anyway to have it go to the weather of your location?

This is my first smart phone ever I'm a little behind on this android stuff :o

I have an xperia S but the app must be the same ??

in which case, tap the 'bar' once, and hopefully it will unfold into day/night and a 3 day forecast underneath. look to the top right of the 'bar' and you should see a screwdriver crossed with a spanner icon - click this and you can set your location and whether you want it to show celsius or fahrenheit and a few other options.

EDIT - not sure why the quote went funny :(

Last edited:
Soldato
What an incredible phone. Had it about a week now. I can find no fault. This might be up there with my old Nokia E71 as the best phone I've ever had.

Got a tempered glass screen on the front (can highly recommend the Casebase one (twin pack) on Amazon), and some makeshift 'titanium' effect vinyl on the back to give it a bit more grip.

Got a Magnector cable which is decent, magnet could be a bit stronger and do a better job of aligning itself like the Macbook Magsafe connector, but not bad.

Also got the Sony noise cancelling earphones (MDRNC31)- the noise cancelling works ok, sound quality is better than average, but overall just 'ok', and although clever that the microphone is built into the earpiece, I miss an inline module that would have also provided next/previous track and volume controls.

I've installed Nova/Apex and fiddled about as usual, but have just gone back the the Sony UI/Xperia launcher, it's really really slick, and not bloated at all. Touch wood won't have any glass cracking problems.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
You cant really do that unless you really brute force the magnector into the holes, there handed.

I have become a fanboy of this phone, its the best phone i have ever owned tbh. Seems to generate its own electricity :)

Soldato
If the Magnector X charger is connect to the phone the wrong way can it damage the phone?

Has this happened to anyone?

Do you mean upside down? Because it will work either way up. And it shouldn't really damage the phone otherwise, it just doesn't sit properly.

Update to my previous verdict: I've one minor complaint, which is that the phone loudspeaker (for phone calls) isn't particularly loud.

Soldato
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this sim free?

I have a iphone 5 at the moment, but I want to get this phone but not lose my current sim only contract, as pay £15 for unlimited everything including tethering on the old three plan :)

Soldato
Anyone know the cheapest place to buy this sim free?

I have a iphone 5 at the moment, but I want to get this phone but not lose my current sim only contract, as pay £15 for unlimited everything including tethering on the old three plan :)

Mobilephonesdirect most probably.

Associate
You cant really do that unless you really brute force the magnector into the holes, there handed.

I have become a fanboy of this phone, its the best phone i have ever owned tbh. Seems to generate its own electricity :)

Ah right, I was a bit worried about that because that would put me right off from buying it. Even though I have the Cruzerlite TPU case and that case doesn't have the cutout for the Micro USB port, so I was a bit stuck.
Yeah the battery life is brilliant, the best I have ever had.
Thanks

Do you mean upside down? Because it will work either way up. And it shouldn't really damage the phone otherwise, it just doesn't sit properly.

Update to my previous verdict: I've one minor complaint, which is that the phone loudspeaker (for phone calls) isn't particularly loud.
Yeah upside down. That's good to know. I've been reading some stories online with people burning their circuits this way and ruining their phones. Thanks

I've noticed that for ringtones it's not much loud, but for music I find it acceptable.

I'm just waiting for my new z3C to be delivered from Mobiles.co.uk as the first one was faulty (signal issues), so they sent me a replacement, that had a scratch on it which put me right off so I didn't use it and sent it straight back. Now waiting for the third one, hope it works out this time.

Associate
Looking at buying this, probably through the mobiles.co.uk £18/mo deal.

Not sure what case to get though, I liked the look of the Roxfit Z3 BOOK FLIP CASE TOUCH COVER BLACK - BCT5151B but I can't see a version for the Z3 compact.

If I can't find something like that, ideally I'd be after something which protects the corners but lets me put it in the dock or at least use a magnetic cable, any suggestions?

Associate
Looking at buying this, probably through the mobiles.co.uk £18/mo deal.

Not sure what case to get though, I liked the look of the Roxfit Z3 BOOK FLIP CASE TOUCH COVER BLACK - BCT5151B but I can't see a version for the Z3 compact.

If I can't find something like that, ideally I'd be after something which protects the corners but lets me put it in the dock or at least use a magnetic cable, any suggestions?

The Cruzerlite bugdroid case is good, I have it. It has a cutout for the magnetic port, but not for Micro USB.

My Magnector X charging cable works on it just fine.

Associate
The Cruzerlite bugdroid case is good, I have it. It has a cutout for the magnetic port, but not for Micro USB.

My Magnector X charging cable works on it just fine.

But it lifts any screen protector you choose to use...

Gutted with mine. Tried with the rhino shield and the ultimate shield, expensive lesson

Going to try the orzly fusion I think

Associate
But it lifts any screen protector you choose to use...

Gutted with mine. Tried with the rhino shield and the ultimate shield, expensive lesson

Going to try the orzly fusion I think

That's not good. I have a brand new Ultimate Shield tempered glass lying at home, waiting for the replacement z3C to arrive. My brother has the same case and screen protector but hasn't had any problems with it, but I'll need to see his for myself.

I really like this case and hope it all works out, there's not much choices out there.

Bry

Bry

Associate
Got the cruzerlite bugdroid case and its the best gel type case out there especially as it covers all of the left hand side of the case except for the magnetic charging contacts :)
Not keen on the pattern on the back but, I am getting used to it.

p.s. I am using the screen protector that came with the phone (purchased via clove) and not had any problems with it.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
The bundled headphones are crap, i mean really really crap had to revert to them as my Klispch have given up the ghost after 5 years.

Any decent IEM around these days around £50 - £100 ?

Back
Top Bottom