All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Associate
Three UK ends old mobile phone contracts with unlimited tethering

Three - We need to speak to you about changes to your plan

have received the text this morning and called them. after 1 h wait was told that they are cancelling all 'One plans'. and they will switch me to a new according to my usage in 60 days from receiving the text (i.e. from today). I can change to any other plan or leave 3.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5106267

:(

Last edited:
Soldato
Wow, sounds pretty drastic. I wonder what's caused this then???

Awaiting my text....although wondering if it's caused by high data usage? Mine is generally minimal, I tend to only use a lot a few times a year.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Think they're just trying to stop tethering to be honest, so that we can buy overpriced tablets which have a sim card slot to pay for a second contract.

Isn't it about time someone stops all this ridiculous profiteering?

The whole tethering thing is absolutely ridiculous. With Sony phones, I've never had a problem sorting out tethering, my Dad on his unlimited 3G from T-Mobile "can't" tether according to T-Mobile, but it works simple as you could wish just setting it up in Android on the base Sony ROM.

Caporegime
Not had a text myself but when people have posted stupid usage amounts on here and get moaned at they cry and say its not a problem - well it seems that its because of you we cant have nice things!

Man of Honour
Not had a text myself but when people have posted stupid usage amounts on here and get moaned at they cry and say its not a problem - well it seems that its because of you we cant have nice things!

Rofl, people using what they are allowed to.
I don't mind paying for large data. But only three offered it and at a cheap price
They should keep it and increase price.

Associate
I'm on the one plan on a 2 year contract £35pm that ends April 2015. Surely they can't change it for me without being able to cancel the contract?

Soldato
oh that's not good :(

Where does the consumer stand from a legal point of view, i've not read the small print of my contract, but surely Three can't back out half way through just because they've decided they now want to up the prices/decrease the allowance? That might be the case after the contract is up...

I think a comment i read on HUKD was that all one plan users would be moved over to new contracts on 5th Jan 2015.

Man of Honour
doesn't even appear to be any addons to add more tethering.

I've already used 4GB today and its only half way through the shift. And have a shift Friday and sat that will be the same. Netflix. YouTube and general internet.
Can't find any option for 30-50GB tethering

Not that I've received a text yet.

Last edited:

Sho

Sho

Soldato
Oh well. I hardly ever used Tethering, but was a nice perk to use. Max i used was about 1gb per month and that's pushing it. Average i'll say about 5000mb. I won't miss it as much.

Soldato
doesn't even appear to be any addons to add more tethering.

I've already used 4GB today and its only half way through the shift. And have a shift Friday and sat that will be the same. Netflix. YouTube and general internet.
Can't find any option for 30-50GB tethering

Not that I've received a text yet.

I think you'd be lucky to find a consumer contract with a tethering allowance that large! What are the options of getting a business contract? Might cost a little more, but you may be able to get an allowance of that much.

Caporegime
With 4G, unlimited big data contracts are needed.
With 4G you can easy mash through 50GB a day. In fact, with area's that get no Virgin Media support, 4G contracts are probably the best way to get a faster connection for a lot of people. At work we're capped to a pathetic 10 meg line. At home I'm on 152 meg.

Soldato
Not a tetherer either.

The Less people on the system will hopefully free up some space for the rest of us that just use our data for phones and 'data enabled' tablets and not Teathered PC's

Associate
Pretty much this

As long as they give you the option to cancel with no penalty then I'm pretty sure they can do as they wish.

This is more or less how the Unfair Terms in Consumer COntracts Regulations would see this change - so long as the terms allow changes, and the notice allows a reasonable period of time before the changes take ffect, and there is a fee-free option to leave, then that's the end of the matter.

Back
Top Bottom