CS:GO Discussion

IC3

IC3

Soldato
That was on topic, you just want to talk about your issue which is probably just to do with potato pc. valve fixed the issue after 1 day with a 4.5mb update

Thanks for letting me know what I want to talk about, but you're wrong by saying "my issue" as others have mentioned it here as well. Not my fault the game optimisation sucks, I was just trying to help...

My PC is fine still running games at the settings I want. If I find an interesting title that will require an upgrade, than I'll upgrade. But so far nothing interesting came out in 2014, the 2015 will definatley be an interesting year in gaming industry. But only time will tell, as so far the developers concentrate more on marketing then the actual game itself...

Soldato
So after a few days of trading and making myself some keys ive bought a knife I'm pretty sure I'm gunna keep a while. (16 knives in around 3 weeks)

Behold the beauty

First PIC is the float value (where on the wear scale it is) so its practically FN.

PS - Angel
BS - Diamond

AbsVDc8.jpg.png

0NHaSG7.jpg

64ZEpgl.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Really? Source?

I can't see how that works... I cap because of coil whine on my GPU, it's horrendous if the fps is that high.

I've read a lot on this aspect, and I came to my conclusion.

The tick rate is basically the amount of times per second the server refreshes per second (64 tick = 64 times per second). That is why people prefer 128 tick (higher refresh rate). In some cases, smokes won't land in the same way on 64 and 128 tick servers, because the time they leave your hand differs by a fraction of a second. [I will continue explaining using the tick rate being 60, for simplicity]. The tick rate is kind of tied to your FPS, but not directly. If you have an FPS of 30, you will be effectively losing one tick per frame, putting you at a disadvantage.

Logically, one might think that capping up to 64 fps would be fine, but it is not. The reason behind this is because the tick rate and the fps are not in sync so you might still lose out on potential packets. I experienced it first hand. I had it set to 65 fps and I started deranking like crazy. I went from GN4 to GN1 immediately, and I didn't realize why. After like 2 months I removed the cap, and I went STRAIGHT to GN4. I set mine to 200 fps now, and it works fine. (My screen is 60Hz, so theoretically, I would be fine at 128fps cap)

As a rule of thumb, try to have the FPS capped at minimum double your screen refresh rate or the server refresh rate. In my case, 128 would be fine. I set mine at 200 'for fun.'

I see that some people are against capping fs. I would like to know why rather than just saying it is bad.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I see that some people are against capping fs. I would like to know why rather than just saying it is bad.

I'm on 144hz and whilst I had low fps due to that update, I had very bad stuttering and whilst I did quicker movement with my mouse there was a slight lag between mouse and screen/game. I'll try to cap it at 289fps (fps_max 316?) and see if the game is as smooth as without a cap.

P.s. Couple months ago I use to play on fps_max 300 and I was fine, but after all those updates it seems that capping your fps just makes things worse. But anyway I'll give it ago later on...

Thug
Soldato
Still trying to get my first 10 wins under the belt. 20 hour cool down every 2 games is ridiculous.

Speaking of crazy the silenced ct pistol and m4 are wayyy overpowered. Loving them!

Soldato
Not sure what is classed as a decent rank in this but I started playing again recently with my brother, I tend to fluctuate between GN4 and MG1 (This seems to put me at average). I seem to do pretty well and win consistently and then just get obliterated and de rank like no bodies business :(

Been going into casual's and practising me single shots head shots with AK's and have noticed a massive improvement in my game. Also for funsies been using a Scout + Deagle combo for a week or so, doing pretty well and then Switched to an AWP + Tec9/Five-Seven and just felt God like. The control I gained over that week using those 2 really helped with the other guns. I am not sure if that is how I should be going about it but I am just messing around now in casual's trying to learn the guns

Soldato
I'm on 144hz and whilst I had low fps due to that update, I had very bad stuttering and whilst I did quicker movement with my mouse there was a slight lag between mouse and screen/game. I'll try to cap it at 289fps (fps_max 316?) and see if the game is as smooth as without a cap.

P.s. Couple months ago I use to play on fps_max 300 and I was fine, but after all those updates it seems that capping your fps just makes things worse. But anyway I'll give it ago later on...

I don't think you have anything wrong. There are a bunch of people who are experiencing stutters and stuff, so I don't think that is down to any in game config. I think they released a patch today with no significant changes, so it might have fixed this.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Not sure what is classed as a decent rank in this...
LEM

I don't think you have anything wrong. There are a bunch of people who are experiencing stutters and stuff, so I don't think that is down to any in game config. I think they released a patch today with no significant changes, so it might have fixed this.

You mean the 10.1mb update? I fixed my stutter and fps drops, the lag I was getting only happened on crappy Valve servers...

Soldato
I just find the skill variance within the same bracket to be obscene, In 1 game I have had people that single handedly wipe out the opposite team every other round, people that are likely to just shoot themselves and others that are pretty average. It just seems like the matchmaking is broken.

Associate
A decent rank is one where you find opponents of equal skill to you and makes the game fun.

this +100
Couldn't give a monkeys if I don't make it all the way up the ranks as long as eventually I find where I fit in skill wise to both stand a chance of winning and being challenged to get a win.

Edit

Joel wanna share your secrets, I tried CSGO lounge trading to try and improve from my ak wasteland and galil chatterbox but literally every single offer was somebody lowballing and when I responded to other peoples trades they all wanted way to much.
I couldn't even get one like for like trade.
Is this different when you are trading knives then?

Last edited:
Associate
I have been messing around on csgo lounge as well, cpl of questions for you more experienced folks.

1. When I go to Steam Trade with someone I cant offer keys for there skins, how do I do this?

2. There are a lot of trades on the lounge that say they wont accept friend requests and don't link there trade url but say steam trade only.....how do you do this without the link?

Thanks

Soldato
Edit

Joel wanna share your secrets, I tried CSGO lounge trading to try and improve from my ak wasteland and galil chatterbox but literally every single offer was somebody lowballing and when I responded to other peoples trades they all wanted way to much.
I couldn't even get one like for like trade.
Is this different when you are trading knives then?

i have no secrets my friend. ive made some pretty good trades making say 10k a time and made an incredibly lucky/good trade which got me around 100k profit.

so for the 5-10k ones that i looked at as many quicksell threads as i could (they stick to a set price for buying as the wanna make lots of profit)

for example. i would like to say i know my M9 fades pretty well now.

look at the quicktrade threads for someone offering just above what the quicksellers/buyers will pay (normally around 10k above they offer them at), the buyers will turn it down as they stick to their prices. i on the other hand will offer 1 or 2k lower than what they wanted (normally the sellers dont turn this down)

i then put it up for sale on as many threads as i find so that i make 5-10k profit. (it may not be the best way of doing it but its the only way which has worked for me but its time consuming and for fairly little reward)

for my big profit trade it was the case of being in the right place at the right time. dopplers are new, the flips on market are £130 (people tended not to know the sapphires/rubys/blackpearls are worth more as its still a flip doppler in their eyes)

i had a huntsman slaughter mw, i searched for flip dopplers and found a guy who had a sapphire + a FN AWP Lightning who happened to want a MW Huntsman Slaughter. i sent him a trade offer straight away and he accepted. everyones happy. he got the knife he wanted and i got a knife i knew i could profit from.

but like i said, for me it was a lot of time and effort.

but all in all i went from

unboxing a St Flip Fade FN (around the 110k mark) - which i did a bad trade with.

to now

M9 Slaughter MW (190k)
13keys in my inventory
£45 in my steam account
FN USP Guardian (i like the guardians)
40 x esports winter cases (got them in a trade)
3 x pheonix cases (got 10 in a trade but someone wanted 7 in another trade)
1 x CSGO Weapon case (about £2 for this case)
AK47 Redline FT
AWP Redline FT

Back
Top Bottom