• Social Democratic and Labour Party

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Sinn Fein

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • UKIP

Votes: 158 12.0%

• Total voters
Suspended
Maybe the rest of the country should be brought up to speed first...

2/3 of the country pretty much relies on old diesel rolling stock.

Chiltern Rail uses diesel engined stock. I like them personally; I don't feel any need to get to work at 300 MPH. Although that would allow us to move back to Northumberland, buy a castle and commute to Canary Wharf from there :D

Soldato
Chiltern Rail uses diesel engined stock. I like them personally; I don't feel any need to get to work at 300 MPH. Although that would allow us to move back to Northumberland, buy a castle and commute to Canary Wharf from there :D

Depends how much the tickets cost. I wouldn't accept subsidising a HSR line to help relatively highly paid London commuters.

Soldato

The whole of Wales still relies on diesel trains, i don't mind them. I do have an issue with trains that were brought in in the 80s that are STILL in use today. They are like buses on rails, seats about as comfortable as a church pew. :rolleyes:

Trains here are stupid expensive too. I'd rather get the bus than the train nowadays as the buses seem to at least be reliable and don't increase in price every year.

Soldato
I don't think the public will be given a say will they?

Well the government can simply reduce the subsidy given to the operator. Although I guess it'd be embarrassing to have spend £40bn on a line which no one uses because the tickets are really expensive.

Hasn't eurotunnel and eurostar only recently started making money.

Soldato
That's because people have fallen for the SNPs "vote us, get Labour plus extras" line, if Miliband validates it then people will buy it every 5 years, if he crushes it and people see it is really a "vote us, get Tories plus nothing" then they will be back to Labour or the Libdems in 2020.

He cannot allow that kind of political hijacking dirty tactics to stand.

Or, it could simply be that the Scottish people want a viable 3rd option for them? Everyone is tired of the Tory/Labour crap, the SNP is a better 3rd choice.

Soldato
Or, it could simply be that the Scottish people want a viable 3rd option for them? Everyone is tired of the Tory/Labour crap, the SNP is a better 3rd choice.

Which is their right.

But the result isn't going to achieve SNPs primary goal of getting rid of the Conservative party which has supposedly hurt Scotland so much.

If Labour yield now, they won't get those seats back anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom