On Vodafone? Then cancel your contract without a penalty.

Associate
There are important pricing changes happening this summer.

You’ll be aware that Ofcom is changing the way service numbers (also known as non-geographic numbers) are charged, to bring more pricing transparency for mobile phone customers. For more information on these changes visit our UK calling page

Excess charges from 10 August
In an effort to make similar improvements to our own pricing, we’re simplifying our excess charges. These charges – also known as out of bundle charges – are what you’ll pay if you exceed your monthly allowance, or if you don’t have a monthly allowance.

From 10 August 2015, there’ll be a single price of 37.5p (excluding VAT) a minute for the following plans:

4G Red, Red, Red+, Red Business, Essentials, Your Plan Small Business, Business Single plans, Your Plan, Standard Bundle, Red Bundle, Red Value Bundle, Business Premier and One Net Express Single plans.

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/campaigns/excess-charges/out-of-bundle-5b/

Last edited:
Soldato
This isn't really about the change, it's an opportunity for people to cancel their contracts without penalty.

If I had a Vodaphone contract, I'd cancel it and go SIM only.

Soldato
Does this effect new customers to ?

How exactly would it work - You just give them 30 days cancellation notice and send your device back? You also have to pay the remainder of your contract you just don't pay any early termination?

Soldato
I'd like to do this and cancel but the page states...

To do this, simply write to us within 30 days of the receipt of this communication at Vodafone Customer Care, Vodafone House, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 2FN.

What if I am a Vodafone customer but haven't received that communication, or a link to that page? :confused:

Soldato
Rang em up to question, guy said I aint eligible as I don't go outside of my allowance.

Sounds like you're being had there! They're giving people the chance to cancel because they're changing the terms of the contract. That has nothing to do with whether you've gone outside the allowance in the past. What if you want to in the future?

Associate
Sounds like you're being had there! They're giving people the chance to cancel because they're changing the terms of the contract. That has nothing to do with whether you've gone outside the allowance in the past. What if you want to in the future?

my brother was told the same when he rang up to cancel

Caporegime
Yeah the OP has kind of skirted around the point. You can cancel your contract if your provider changes the terms of your contract and gives you less than a certain amount of days notice (90 or something?). The law means if they do this you can cancel without penalty.

This new ruling obviously means they are doing that. Vodafone are just being open about your ability to cancel.

Edit: actually, it may be a rule regarding price increases above RPI inflation. Either way, they are changing the contracts in a way that requires them to let you cancel.

Don't phone up, write to them.

Back
Top Bottom