Aorus Owner's Lounge

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Looking to purchase a X7. Any idea of when the next batch of X7 Pro GSync-CF2 (£2099) are inbound, please?

HI metamorphoses,

If couriers and logistics don't let the side down, OcUK should have stock tomorrow, suggest placing pre-order as there is only a small quantity coming in.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Soldato
Got to say I'm in the market to buy a gaming laptop to replace my faithful Samsung g7a which has done me proud lasting just over 3 years but unfortunately has lived its life to the fullest and has died in peace RIP sammy :p

Anyways after looking at these laptops I got to say I am highly considering either the x5 or the x7 pro (albeit the pro is a bit more expensive) but after using a 17.3" for quite some time I'm a bit reluctant to go down to a 15.6" with the x5.

The idea of how slim these are, are quite the appeal just slightly concerned about temps, I don't care about the noise to much tbh but what sorta temps are we talking about under load ? Both cpu and gpu.

Also which one would you choose ?

Sell it to me atom80 !!!! Help me pull the trigger (so to speak...) :D

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Got to say I'm in the market to buy a gaming laptop to replace my faithful Samsung g7a which has done me proud lasting just over 3 years but unfortunately has lived its life to the fullest and has died in peace RIP sammy :p

Anyways after looking at these laptops I got to say I am highly considering either the x5 or the x7 pro (albeit the pro is a bit more expensive) but after using a 17.3" for quite some time I'm a bit reluctant to go down to a 15.6" with the x5.

The idea of how slim these are, are quite the appeal just slightly concerned about temps, I don't care about the noise to much tbh but what sorta temps are we talking about under load ? Both cpu and gpu.

Also which one would you choose ?

Sell it to me atom80 !!!! Help me pull the trigger (so to speak...) :D

Hi Adsta,

OK, so you can see full review of both units on the links below:

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/83678-aorus-x5/?page=7

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/laptop/76145-aorus-x7-pro/

The X7 with the SLI GTX970m is going to give you a better graphics performance, but the X5 is still "faster" than a single GTX980m unit, so both are at the top of their game so to speak.

X5 also has latest generation Corei7 processor, but again the difference isn't huge over the previous generation,,, approx, 7-10% on most benchmarks/measurements.

So,,, it really comes down to personal preference on screen size and spec (higher res on X5)....

It all depends on your usage profile really and what your priorities are...

Whichever unit you choose, let us know and we will ship you an AORUS Hoodie and 64GB AORUS memory stick as a bit of added value :)

Let us know your approx UK size for jacket / hoodie.

FYI, Stock of the X7 Pro Sync is due at OCUK today, and the X5's are in transit and could be here by Friday, but more likely will be next Monday.

Hope that helps in some way,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hello Atom80,

You previously listed the thickness of the individual thermal pad used in the Aorus system.
Is it possible to have the same information for the P35Xv3?
Also what would be the thermal conductivity of each type of thermal pads?
Sorry to post here, let me know which the most appropriate thread to post this inquiry would be.
It would be very helpful!

Many Thanks

Hi bberry,

The info we have had back from HQ is as follows:

Thickness of P35Xv3 thermal pads are as below
1. 0.75mm
2. 1.0mm

We will see if we can find out anything regarding the conductivity as this part of the question hasn't been replied to... lost in translation we think!

Hope that helps a bit anyway.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Can someone (Atom80;)) shed some light on this so-called "Aorus Project X" and its availability to the UK market, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNsuN0KbIAo

Given that the all the variants of the X7 utilize the same chassis and it is only the motherboard/internals that differ between the revisions, this would be a very interesting option!

A G-sync upgrade with the latest 970m SLI would be very exciting indeed for someone with a X7 v1 variant, for example.

Any word on pricing and/or how this works?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Can someone (Atom80;)) shed some light on this so-called "Aorus Project X" and its availability to the UK market, please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNsuN0KbIAo

Given that the all the variants of the X7 utilize the same chassis and it is only the motherboard/internals that differ between the revisions, this would be a very interesting option!

A G-sync upgrade with the latest 970m SLI would be very exciting indeed for someone with a X7 v1 variant, for example.

Any word on pricing and/or how this works?

Hi metamorphoses,

We can indeed shed light on this !

It was, and still is available.

It simply works by us upgrading the unit from your existing spec, to the most recent we have available. The unit would be shipped back to HQ in Taiwan and re-worked to the specification you desire...

The costs associated with the re-work are the component costs only, no labour charge.

We offered this primarily to give our customers the assurance that after making a large ticket purchase, we want to look after them in the future, not just at the point of sale.

Let us know if you want to look into this further for you.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Hi Atom,

While I was away on holiday my preorder failed using amazon payments as my credit just expired without me noticing. Double disappointment as I still don't have the laptop :( Oh well, these things happen.

I just got back and Contacted Ocuk and they advised me that I had to put in a fresh order. My new order number is
Oc2042489. They also mentioned to contact you here to ensure I got the hoodie (L) and USB.

Hi zeggar,

Your Hoodie and 64GB USB stick are packed, labelled and ready to go ! You have the last "L" size that we have, and I am sure this will be the best fit for you if you are UK size "M"...

The AORUS X7 Pro G-sync stock is leaving tomorrow, and should be with OcUK early next week :)

Not long now...

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Hi Atom,

While I was away on holiday my preorder failed using amazon payments as my credit just expired without me noticing. Double disappointment as I still don't have the laptop :( Oh well, these things happen.

I just got back and Contacted Ocuk and they advised me that I had to put in a fresh order. My new order number is
Oc2042489. They also mentioned to contact you here to ensure I got the hoodie (L) and USB.

Hi zegger,

At least you are sorted now by the sounds of it. We will sort the hoddie and USB with OcUK next week, you will get them, don't worry sir:)

Hope you enjoy the notebook when it arrives.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Excellent! Thank you. Should be arriving tomorrow just in time for the weekend!

Cheers
Z
Hi zegger,

At least you are sorted now by the sounds of it. We will sort the hoddie and USB with OcUK next week, you will get them, don't worry sir:)

Hope you enjoy the notebook when it arrives.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Looking to purchase a X7. Any idea of when the next batch of X7 Pro GSync-CF2 (£2099) are inbound, please?

Hi metamorphoses,

Stock arrived on time and is back on web-site;

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-013-AU&groupid=959&catid=1828

Purchaser who looks after notebooks is away today, but I have mailed him to request that we put the B7 rucksack: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-005-AU&groupid=959&catid=1828

as a FREE item with that model:

So, if you order over the weekend before the bundle is re-activated, let us know your order number and we will send one out to you next week.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
Lightweight gaming headset

I have been looking for a while for a lightweight and comfortable set of headphones to use with my Aorus X7 whilst gaming. I finally decided to go with the Seinheiser 429S model.

So far I am very pleased with it. It fits around the ears, provides a decent amount of passive noise reduction and is very lightweight, making it comfortable to wear for extended periods. The sound reproduction is excellent, clear notes and a well-balanced bass.

The headset is designed so that it can be used with mobile phones, with an inline microphone, lapel clip and adaptor (as far as I can tell the adaptor is only needed for Nokia models). There is no inline volume control, but a small button controls track skip, pause and rewind with multiple presses.

The headphones work well with the socket on the laptop for audio but if you want to use the microphone whilst gaming you will need to source a separate splitter cable.

Hope this helps anyone else who is looking to improve the audio/fan noise ratio on this laptop.

Chuffbaby

Associate
Hi metamorphoses,

We can indeed shed light on this !

It was, and still is available.

It simply works by us upgrading the unit from your existing spec, to the most recent we have available. The unit would be shipped back to HQ in Taiwan and re-worked to the specification you desire...

The costs associated with the re-work are the component costs only, no labour charge.

We offered this primarily to give our customers the assurance that after making a large ticket purchase, we want to look after them in the future, not just at the point of sale.

Let us know if you want to look into this further for you.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

That sounds like a fantastic deal :) it is too early in the ownership / upgrade cycle for me at the moment, but maybe 18 months down the line....

Could I ask that you keep the owners' community informed if it looks like this offer is likely to be withdrawn any time in the future?

Thanks,
Chuffbaby

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
That sounds like a fantastic deal :) it is too early in the ownership / upgrade cycle for me at the moment, but maybe 18 months down the line....

Could I ask that you keep the owners' community informed if it looks like this offer is likely to be withdrawn any time in the future?

Thanks,
Chuffbaby

Hi Chuffbaby,

Yes of course we will update if anything changes. Glad you liked the concept and also see some additional value in the promotional video ;)

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom80. I don't know if you'll indulge me but could you ask your tech department what laptop cooler pad they would recommend for an x7?

Hi ethan,

Do you mean the type of product for laptop to sit on, with inbuilt fans?

If yes, we don't generally make these sorts of recommendations, but would suggest this recommendation comes from the re-seller, we will forward your enquiry to someone at OcUK to post.

Sorry can't answer directly,

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Back
Top Bottom