Windows 10

Associate
so if you download the ISO tool thing from Microsoft and use it to upgrade does it definitely count as you free upgrade or do you just have an unactivated windows install ?

As long as your current install is in proper shape, then running the ISO to do the upgrade will result in a properly activated Windows 10

Even if you have the preload files, when you run the setup of the ISO it deletes that directory and reconstructs it once the install kicks off.

Man of Honour
OP
Clean install (after upgrade install) says my insider key is blocked.

Omg. :(

It's ok, your pc is still usable, it's not going to explode. All which happens is a couple if times a day ifpt pops up going activate. Click on it, opens up control panel and then you close control panel and carry on.
Wait a few days for the servers to stop getting hammered in for Ms to resolve some issues.

Soldato
Why is everyone freaking out? Just like mrbios said wait for the proper release for your PC. No need to force a update??? I'm in no hurry. I never install a brand new OS on release day...ARE YOU CRAZY!:p:D

Soldato
Couldn't have been easier after I used the Windows 10 tool linked to earlier in the thread, really impressed with how smooth the upgrade was.

Although it didn't detect my ethernet drivers which I presume is because I avoided using the Killer NIC drivers previously.

Soldato
Tried on my old rig, got to 24% stayed there for ages and failed, restored back to 8.1 for now.

Tried on my main rig, updated to 10 pretty quickly with no issues, activated and from what I can tell so far everything is still intact and working! :)

smr

smr

Soldato
Windows 7 day one was absolutely fine!

I think the problem sounds like network traffic, and tbf if there are going to be licensing problems where you need to get through to people, or download issues / installation issues they're going to be a headache on day 1 compared to say day 7 or 14 after release.

Back
Top Bottom