Ark: Survival Evolved - Dinosaur MMO/Survival PVP funz!

Soldato
I can't seem to play this game no matter what settings I try, it's to laggy

4690k, 16GB RAM, 970, SSD etc etc - Can some one on a 970 tell me what settings they're running

Associate
I am seriously thinking about a hardware upgrade.

I have a 980ti and 4770k with most of the settings are on medium, some on high and I still get dog framerates, average around 40fps if I'm lucky. The game is so unoptimised its ridiculous which shouldn't be surprising I suppose as its still technically an alpha. I just wish they would put some dev time into optimising it as most people are playing like its been fully released.

Anyway my point is don't pile money into your rig and expect a big improvement unless your current rig is massively outdated of course.

On a similar note I have found the game to be quite CPU bound if I encode a video in the background I get anywhere from a 10-20fps drop which is quite big compared to other games I play (dragon age 3 for example) might not sound much but when the games running at 40fps, its crippling.

Associate
I have a 980ti and 4770k with most of the settings are on medium, some on high and I still get dog framerates, average around 40fps if I'm lucky. The game is so unoptimised its ridiculous which shouldn't be surprising I suppose as its still technically an alpha. I just wish they would put some dev time into optimising it as most people are playing like its been fully released.

Anyway my point is don't pile money into your rig and expect a big improvement unless your current rig is massively outdated of course.

On a similar note I have found the game to be quite CPU bound if I encode a video in the background I get anywhere from a 10-20fps drop which is quite big compared to other games I play (dragon age 3 for example) might not sound much but when the games running at 40fps, its crippling.

The should be this August releasing the DX12 version off the game should they not, I looking forward to seeing what improvements it brings "If any "

Associate

I guess I forgot to mention I'm running at 1440p, so significantly more demanding then 1080p.

Soldato
If you're getting bad framerates, open launch options and add

-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10

It will boost your FPS massively, and that was just a single Google search away :/

Soldato
FFS...why aren't there any warnings when you make a new character that it resets your existing one...level 25 alt wiped out in an instant. I just thought you'd have a choice of alt when logging in.

Associate
I joined the KYE server, got stung by a giant scorpion and promptly fell to the floor paralyzed and got stung to death by a gigantic stinger.

I'm liking it so far.

Associate
I've not had any crashes and played for a good few hours over the weekend and again last night while alpha hunting.

On a side note can anyone recommend a hosting company for an ARK server?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, im looking at switching over to SP for a bit due to us having a baby soon, and wont be able to keep up with the destruction timers and keeping everything safe - so singleplayer seems a good thing for me right now and still enjoy the game somewhat.

But the settings are hellish confusing, what im trying to do is get the singleplayer to match the offical servers in terms of dino level and difficulty, but with like 2x taming, 2x xp, 2x gather, just so im not spending 4 hours taming when the baby is around, can anyone help me out and tell me which i need to change and to what numbers so its like the offical with the bumped up stats i mention, it would be most appreciated guys/gals.

Associate
Hey guys, im looking at switching over to SP for a bit due to us having a baby soon, and wont be able to keep up with the destruction timers and keeping everything safe - so singleplayer seems a good thing for me right now and still enjoy the game somewhat.

But the settings are hellish confusing, what im trying to do is get the singleplayer to match the offical servers in terms of dino level and difficulty, but with like 2x taming, 2x xp, 2x gather, just so im not spending 4 hours taming when the baby is around, can anyone help me out and tell me which i need to change and to what numbers so its like the offical with the bumped up stats i mention, it would be most appreciated guys/gals.

could look into the steam workshop, for example http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498435029&searchtext=xp and host your own dedicated server etc

Soldato
could look into the steam workshop, for example http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498435029&searchtext=xp and host your own dedicated server etc

Thanks ill look into that, but id like to keep it more simple and fast to setup but all the sliders and what not are confusing when you choose host/local - Offical servers are on difficulty 4.0 which means lvl 120 wild dino's, yet in that menu it only goes to 3, so not sure, and ive even posted in the steam forums, but as usual the moaners and what not means my post will never get seen, just figured there would be some hosters here that had an understanding of the settings better than i.

Back
Top Bottom