Nexus 5 2015 refresh

IC3

IC3

Soldato
Anyone know if I picked up an N5x in the US in a month's time, if it would work on UK networks?

It should do, change edit the radio config file. I did that with my friends N5, just get that config file from someone with UK version. Pretty easy, done that with my mates N5. ;)

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You can edit them in the config file, not sure if its this same with the N5X. I did this over a year ago so I don't remember it too well...

Is the N5X worth upgrading to over the N5? The difference is minimal...

Associate
SkinnyLeafyGoldfish.gif

IC3

IC3

Soldato
You sure? I thought it was a hardware limitation like on the One Plus One. Might be wrong though.

I believe the 4G will be affected, 3G shouldn't be an issue. But I would have to do some googling to be certain, don't take my word for granted though as I'm not 100% sure.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I've got an N5 and I had an N4, but I'm gutted because I really don't like the look of the N5X or 6P at all. Look really cheap and bloated to me with a much more protruding camera.

Compared to N5 its ugly AF, I agree. The difference between them is minimal, I'll stay with my N5 for a bit longer.

Edit

Wouldn't the Moto X Play be a better choice over the new N5X?

Last edited:
Soldato
Website showing in stock at my local store

Yet to have an e-mail or txt from CPW to let me know when it will be delivered.

Annoyed!!

Update:

Rang CPW, got passed around 5 times, had to confirm who I was 5 times, only to be told they had no idea where my order was and they would send a message to the warehouse to try and speed things up. I said I could see stock in my local CPW store, but they couldn't hold one for me and let me go and pick it up from there.

I can now fully understand why those who avoided CPW for the sake for £30. I hope to never have to do business with CPW ever again, shambolic!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom