**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Caporegime
An estimate is an estimate. Just wait until next Friday before cancelling?

True....

Either way, assuming that they can't in actual fact meet the 26th going by my email and what some others are saying, they shouldn't be advertising it as "expected delivery date 26th", they should just put ETA unknown like most other sites would.

If it isn't dispatched by Monday morning, I might as well cancel and just wait for google store to get more stock since the main reason I went with CPW was to get it on Monday.

Placed the order for a silver with CPW earlier (yes, I bit), got a text from Barclays after lunch to say that payment had been declined (seems common with CPW), so rang them up and sorted that out.

While on the phone I asked when to expect dispatch, and the lady said it would be dispatched today, though I fully expect it will be delayed like Nexus18, but I ordered with that in mind, so heyho.

I just rang too and talk about being unhelpful and rude..... Guy said that people who ordered a week or so ago will be dispatched today, where as those who placed the order this week will have theirs dispatched on Monday.

Going to ring again later and see if I can get someone a little more friendly/helpful....

Caporegime
Well got through to a woman this time who was much more helpful and friendly, took my order number etc.

Essentially, she said that they will be receiving the stock on the 26th October and then it will be dispatched that day or on Tuesday, however, since I placed the order quite late on, there is no guarantee that mine would be dispatched. She also agreed with me on the "expected delivery date on the 26th October" being misleading.

So I'll give it to Wednesday.

Associate
Queation to the 128GB guys... Why did you go for that capacity?

Google Play Music allows streaming for all your music, Google Photos gives you free upload space for all photos and Google Drive is massively cheap for 100GB space.

So am I missing something going for the 32GB? Though the only difference is I don't use many downloaded apps and I stream everything as I have unlimited data.

Have I just answered my own queation?

Soldato
I went with 64gb. 32gb has something like 25gb left after the OS and built in apps etc. My current apps take up just over 10gb, so in reality that only leaves me with 15 gb for any photos from the camera (+ RAW if I want), random downloads, cached YT videos, cached music via Google play etc.

I could probably manage fine with 32gb, but would rather the extra so I don't have to keep an eye on storage.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Queation to the 128GB guys... Why did you go for that capacity?

Google Play Music allows streaming for all your music, Google Photos gives you free upload space for all photos and Google Drive is massively cheap for 100GB space.

So am I missing something going for the 32GB? Though the only difference is I don't use many downloaded apps and I stream everything as I have unlimited data.

Have I just answered my own queation?

Some of us just like everything stored locally, especially music.

The Google Music app is not very feature rich and isn't very user friendly compared to 3rd party apps, so gets a thumbs down from me. Google Music also transcodes music to MP3, whatever the source format, and you can't cache the entire library at once (of course this is a no brainer given the medium).

I need access to my library in its entirety.

Plus, most important of them all, 128 is a bigger number, so absolutely is better ;)

Associate
My experience with CPW was back when the Galaxy S3 was being released. I had a tracking number and was told the phone was in the warehouse and was being moved awaiting dispatch. However you might remember a problem with the pebble blue mean't they were delayed and hadn't even made it into the country so suffice to say they were talking absolute....

I wouldn't trust much of what CPW have to say, pretty sure there business model is to take money asap and answer any questions later.

Still, they made of changed but reading around doesn't fill with confidence.

Caporegime
Well looks like CPW have stock in now for both the graphite and aluminium, "expected delivery date on 26th October" has now changed to "free delivery to you on 26th October" and they show as in stock.

Back
Top Bottom