**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
I have to say, coming from an ultra-grippy Nexus 5 (such an under-rated feature) this thing is a mini nightmare to pick up. The thin, metal sides don't help at all. I can imagine the Note5, with its somewhat curved back will help you get 'under' the phone a touch more when grabbing it off a flat surface, whereas the minimal curve on the 6P doesn't really help at all. It's fine picking it up off a sofa or bed, but off a bench or table it feels cumbersome.

I'm so pleased I never ordered the S6 Edge/Edge+ as I nearly did over the summer. :o

Seriously debating whether I can survive without a case, something I've only ever used (briefly) with the Galaxy S2.

Soldato
I got the same text. Wednesday isn't too bad for me. Not quite sure why you canceled though, unless you're literally just going to walk round town tomorrow? How are you now in a better position?

Having said that, if you find they're giving shelf stock over advanced orders, let us know! :)

I cancelled it because the guy on the phone said to do so and re-order for collection tomorrow, low and behold I then get an email saying it's out of stock, so safe to say i'm done with CPW.

Absolutely shocking company.

Soldato
I was a bit skeptical at first but the imprint sensor is pretty well placed at the back

Will charge fully over night and give it a battery test tomorrow

So far very happy with the 6p no real issues yet.

Associate
So get this... my mate ordered a 5x with the audio chromcast... he goes in to pick it up and the chromecast isn't there... he complains quite a bit...which he's good at. So they offer him an extra £40 off the phone... then he asks to put an extra £100 and upgrade from a 16gb 5x to a 32gb 6p... they agree. If that wasn't enough he complained some more on the phone, and got a further £60 refunded... and the chromecast! All in he got a 32gb 6p for £340 from CPW... ridiculous!

Soldato
OP
So get this... my mate ordered a 5x with the audio chromcast... he goes in to pick it up and the chromecast isn't there... he complains quite a bit...which he's good at. So they offer him an extra £40 off the phone... then he asks to put an extra £100 and upgrade from a 16gb 5x to a 32gb 6p... they agree. If that wasn't enough he complained some more on the phone, and got a further £60 refunded... and the chromecast! All in he got a 32gb 6p for £340 from CPW... ridiculous!

I would soo love to see a video of that situation :D

Soldato
Only had a few hours with it and I'm pretty happy. The fingerprint scanner really is as fast as it's been reported. Everything seems nice and snappy, there's even a feature to bluetooth all your old settings from a previous Nexus device over to it so you don't have to do anything to set it up. The battery charges stupidly quick too.

I thought I might struggle with the screen size as it'll be the biggest phone I've had by quite a way but after a few hours I picked up my N5 again and decided there's no way I could go back to the smaller screen :)

Soldato

Sounds an odd story to me. I can't even find the Audio Chromecast on CPW? Does it come free with the 5X or something? He has the 6P already?

Soldato
So been using the 6P for abit, thoughts.

* Phone is stupidly fast, this is coming from an iPhone 6s, everything is just instant, smooth and a joy. Hope this is the case in 12 months, I have good hope since my Nexus 5 is still fast.

* Screen is ****ing amazing, you need to enable developer options and you and you can set it too sRGB then its perfect. This is a huge upgrade.

* Size is huge bit I can use it okay in 1 hand, I thought it would be much worse. It is a bigger issue for the misses, she loves it but it just about fits.

* Finger print is very very good. The set up was really quick compared too the iPhone and its faster.

* Camera I've not tested a huge amount, the app is a bit meh not much settings, but it takes some solid shots. HRD also takes a while to process after the photo is taken.

Overall looks solid, I think I'm solid, dislike the size but everything else is near perfect.

Soldato
* Size is huge bit I can use it okay in 1 hand, I thought it would be much worse. It is a bigger issue for the misses, she loves it but it just about fits.

Genuine lol :D

Agree on the camera, it seems to take decent shots but the overall experience using it is just "ok". Nothing makes me go "this is a really good feature". Might need to fork out for a 3rd party app :(

Associate
Sounds an odd story to me. I can't even find the Audio Chromecast on CPW? Does it come free with the 5X or something? He has the 6P already?

Picking up the silver one tomorrow, yeah they were giving the chromecast away with pre-orders... i thought it odd too... but hey he's got the phone!

Soldato

Yeah I believe they were offering it for free with the 5X, though with a contract only. To be honest more fool them if they've really gone that far to appease somebody making such an over the top fuss.

Soldato
Yeah, obviously, I think we've all heard of similar stories. To be fair, if he bought a Nexus on a contract, he was likely paying a bit over the top in the first place and they have plenty of wiggle room to appease customers.

Associate
Yeah, obviously, I think we've all heard of similar stories. To be fair, if he bought a Nexus on a contract, he was likely paying a bit over the top in the first place and they have plenty of wiggle room to appease customers.

This is the crazy part...it was the sim-free version...

Back
Top Bottom