Here it is the new BMW M2

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28703164 said:
It's not special, it's just scene taxed like mad due to it's limited availability. It's no more special than the E46 M3 was, some might argue less so.

With that mindset you could say the same about all limited edition cars.

Man of Honour
With that mindset you could say the same about all limited edition cars.

Well not really, some of them genuinely are special.

Whereas some are made 'special' simply be restricting production numbers of what would otherwise be a series production car..

Man of Honour
I need to talk myself out of thinking that selling the S2000 and getting one of these on PCP is a good idea. As it's a really bad idea.

How can you possibly know whether its a good idea before any pricing has been released? :confused:

It'd be an amazing idea if it was £200 a month and the worst idea in the universe if it was £2000 and something in between if its something in between, but nobody will know until the prices are out.

Man of Honour
[TW]Fox;28704753 said:
How can you possibly know whether its a good idea before any pricing has been released? :confused:

It'd be an amazing idea if it was £200 a month and the worst idea in the universe if it was £2000 and something in between if its something in between, but nobody will know until the prices are out.

I mean in terms of owning two cars with no money owed to then effectively renting one. A well specced M235i is looking around £400-450 a month with a 10% deposit. I guess an advantage would be that the money I have in the S2000 and Focus could be used to overpay my mortgage or on other things.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Lucky he/you got repaired cars if the BMW warranty terms specifically excludes track days.

If you read through that pistonheads thread you will see he wasn't racing, just doing a track day which i think is perfectly reasonable for such a car.

BMW from a marketing perspective went in very heavy on the M235i especially showing it on the track, drifting etc - they cant expect then the owners not to use the car properly.

Soldato
Is the 'racing' term defined? If not then it's a grey area.

i.e. You could be racing other cars or virtual cars (the clock), the latter which many people do on track days. Trying to improve your own lap time for instance.

Last edited:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I completely agree with you that it is a grey area however i don't think anyone can argue that if you market a car for a certain purpose and it fails that isn't right (providing you maintain the car as per manufactures guidelines)

If i remember correctly when i bought the car they offered me some sort of BMW track day membership, i didn't take it but for me that made it very clear that BMW expected a number of owners to use the car on the track.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28704747 said:
Well not really, some of them genuinely are special.

Whereas some are made 'special' simply be restricting production numbers of what would otherwise be a series production car..

It's a car made up of parts from the M3. Hardly your bog standard 135i coupe with a different bodykit...

Soldato
Is the 'racing' term defined? If not then it's a grey area.

i.e. You could be racing other cars or virtual cars (the clock), the latter which many people do on track days. Trying to improve your own lap time for instance.

I completely agree with you that it is a grey area however i don't think anyone can argue that if you market a car for a certain purpose and it fails that isn't right (providing you maintain the car as per manufactures guidelines)

If i remember correctly when i bought the car they offered me some sort of BMW track day membership, i didn't take it but for me that made it very clear that BMW expected a number of owners to use the car on the track.

I disagree. I don't think it's a grey area at all (neither do BMW UK themselves, as can be seen by the conclusion of the warranty claims in all three cases we know about).

Timing, competitive driving and racing are all strictly prohibited during track days. Anyone considered to be engaged in these activities will be ejected from the event and may be refused access to further track days run by that organiser. Overtaking is by consent only and even then under clearly circumstances only.

Regardless, a precedent has been set that BMW UK do not consider use of your car on a track day to be in breach of your new car warranty terms and conditions, and this is all that matters.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Ive put a deposit down, seems the perfect replacement for the m135i.

Does anyone know when journos are going to get to drive them?

Associate
Ive put a deposit down, seems the perfect replacement for the m135i.

Does anyone know when journos are going to get to drive them?

according to my detailer, a customer pulled up in one last week, I was highly doubtful, but he confirmed it was not an M235i and it was a 65 plate with quad exhausts

I'm a little confused personally :)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
So this morning i walk out of the gym and spot something in the corner of my eye ...

IMG_7173_zpsbbmdqv7l.jpg

IMG_7177_zpsvdrd9y9l.jpg

IMG_7176_zpsasjbw4yz.jpg

Must say it looked fantastic ...

Soldato
Thank pedestrian requirements for that.

Much easier to deal with knee bending and shear when the nose is plastic rather than metal.

Also makes bonnet damage occur at higher speed incidents (for example 15mph rather than 12mph) and therefore more accidents are fixing by bolting on a new bumper rather than bumper and bonnet.

Back
Top Bottom