Here it is the new BMW M2

Sam

Sam

Soldato
So popped into BMW last week to discuss my order, apparently standard for the M2 on PCP is 10.8% APR but they offered me a "discounted" rate of 8.9%. Seems other dealers are offering 6.9% looking through the BMW forum. I would walk away at anything over 6.9% and even then i'm not exactly keen. It wouldn't actually be much more expensive to buy an M3/4, seems with a bit of work 18% discount is achievable and the finance is 4.9%.

I could go down the route of Oracle PCP which is 6.9% and Halifax offer 3.6% but you have to be a customer (minimum 3 months) does anyone else know of a PCP provider that offer a better rate than 6.9% APR?

Sam

Soldato
So popped into BMW last week to discuss my order, apparently standard for the M2 on PCP is 10.8% APR but they offered me a "discounted" rate of 8.9%. Seems other dealers are offering 6.9% looking through the BMW forum. I would walk away at anything over 6.9% and even then i'm not exactly keen. It wouldn't actually be much more expensive to buy an M3/4, seems with a bit of work 18% discount is achievable and the finance is 4.9%.

I could go down the route of Oracle PCP which is 6.9% and Halifax offer 3.6% but you have to be a customer (minimum 3 months) does anyone else know of a PCP provider that offer a better rate than 6.9% APR?

Sam

BMW offered me 6.4% on PCP with £10K down.

Doubt you'll manage to get any discount on an M2, but you probably would on an M3, which means the prices for the two aren't that far apart (and I think they offer better interest rates on M3/M4 too - I'm sure I've seen 4.9%)

Man of Honour
You should be able to get an M3 cheaper than an M2 at the moment, big discounts on M3's if you push I believe (up to and maybe over 14%) and better finance packages if that's how you fund.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
What you were offered 6.4% on an m2? Which dealer was that?

No chance of a discount on the m2, as stated above 18% is possible with 4.9% APR on the m3/4. It makes both cars around the same cost over 3 years.

Soldato
What you were offered 6.4% on an m2? Which dealer was that?

No chance of a discount on the m2, as stated above 18% is possible with 4.9% APR on the m3/4. It makes both cars around the same cost over 3 years.

Lancaster Milton Keynes. I assume it was 6.4%, that's what was discussed in the dealership but when I was sent the figures (the M2 wasn't on the finance system until 6/11) it didn't state the rate, just the deposit / monthly cost / GMFV.

/edit: just did some calculations, seems it's closer to 6.8% actually.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A car launch video with 95% shaky camera. Great.

Also an M car video with 100% music spoiling the sounds? The video says it's in-line 6, so is it not turbo charged? I want to hear it. I bet it sounds a bit meh, hence why they audio dubbed over the entire thing.

Edit*
Having seen the other videos, it does indeed sound meh. Why can't they make cars sound properly organic any more? It just sounds artificial. Seems AMG are the only ones that have consistently pulled through in this department.

I will say this though, if I ever have a few grand kicking around for no reason, then i would take my car to main dealers for a respray in that colour :o

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
So this morning i walk out of the gym and spot something in the corner of my eye ...

IMG_7173_zpsbbmdqv7l.jpg

IMG_7177_zpsvdrd9y9l.jpg

IMG_7176_zpsasjbw4yz.jpg

Must say it looked fantastic ...

Maybe it is just me or the photos but it looks out of proportion, almost like it got squashed in length and then over-sized wheels put on it. Has gotta be the photos, if it really looks like that the M3/M4 is a vastly better looking car. :confused:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
I have to say i really like that, the flared arches look great up close. The M3 is a faster more capable car for the money but if the M2 run stays fairly limited the residuals will be so much better which would bring the overall cost of ownership down.

I have done some rough sums and the M2 @ £48,150 OTR on a PCP @ 6.9% APR would end up costing me roughly £19K over the 3 years based on a resale value of £35,000 which i think is about right providing the car is on a limited run of 500 cars per year (unconfirmed at the moment)

The M3 specced at £60,755 on a PCP @ 4.9% APR would end up costing me roughly £22k over the 3 years based on a resale value of £32,000

Sam

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to say i really like that, the flared arches look great up close. The M3 is a faster more capable car for the money but if the M2 run stays fairly limited the residuals will be so much better which would bring the overall cost of ownership down.

I have done some rough sums and the M2 @ £48,150 OTR on a PCP @ 6.9% APR would end up costing me roughly £19K over the 3 years based on a resale value of £35,000 which i think is about right providing the car is on a limited run of 500 cars per year (unconfirmed at the moment)

The M3 specced at £60,755 on a PCP @ 4.9% APR would end up costing me roughly £22k over the 3 years based on a resale value of £32,000

Sam

Have those residual values been underwritten by BMW by way of a GFV?

I don't follow your numbers on 3 year costs?

OcUK Staff

Sam

So 6k more to own an M3 over 3 years, so 2k per year? Based on what I can see right now I'd be paying the extra, but of course have not seen an M2 in the flesh and would not personally make a decision until I'd seen both next to each other and driven both. :)

Sam

Sam

Soldato
The M3 would cost around 3k more over the 3 years but truth be told i am guestimating the resale values so it could be closer than that.

The M2 have pretty much already fully sold out for the 2016 allocation so unfortunately driving the car is a luxury, i'm bloody lucky i spotted a test car as i've not seen many other pictures of the car in the UK.

Soldato
The M3 would cost around 3k more over the 3 years but truth be told i am guestimating the resale values so it could be closer than that.

The M2 have pretty much already fully sold out for the 2016 allocation so unfortunately driving the car is a luxury, i'm bloody lucky i spotted a test car as i've not seen many other pictures of the car in the UK.

I think your expectation of the residual value is too high. For reference, an M2 with DCT plus a couple of other bits works out at £49k (!) and with £10k down and 10k miles per year the GMFV is only just under £24k.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
The GMFV is generally an under valuation, my M135i is set at 14.5k but actually nearer 19-20k if i was to sell privately.

If the car is a limited run then i see no reason why after 3 years and lets say 24k it wont be worth 32-35k. Look at 1M prices, sure this model was limited to what 450 in the UK but you need a good 45K for a good example.

Sam

Last edited:
Soldato
If the car is a limited run then i see no reason why after 3 years and lets say 24k it wont be worth 32-35k. Look at 1M prices, sure this model was limited to what 450 in the UK but you need a good 45K for a good example.

Sam

The upper price for a 1M is £45k, they start from £30k.
I think the only relevance is your man maths is looking shakey. For sure the GFV on the M2 is unknown but you need to be realistic.

Last edited:
Soldato
The GMFV is generally an under valuation, my M135i is set at 14.5k but actually nearer 19-20k if i was to sell privately.

Sam

Thats only because the 1M was a proper limited edition car. The M2 won't be limited.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
The upper price for a 1M is £45k, they start from £30k.
I think the only relevance is your man maths is looking shakey. For sure the GFV on the M2 is unknown but you need to be realistic.

Of course a little man math comes into play ;), perhaps 30K is a better more reliable estimation.

About 38-40K is about right for a decent 1M, cheapest one on PH is £34k with 65k miles.

Thats only because the 1M was a proper limited edition car. The M2 won't be limited.

Im pretty sure it will, although not confirmed 2000 units seems to be the most reliable number. Now this isn't 450 like the 1M however it is still a limited run.

Back
Top Bottom