** NOW EVERYONE CAN ENJOY PCI-E NVMe/AHCI SSD's!! **

Soldato
Nope.

Our 951 prices are pretty much the best in the market, when were already the cheapest we can't reduce any further. So I am afraid not!

As others said, definitely wrong there Gibbo I am afraid...

A few competitors are noticeably cheaper £5 to £15 thereabout less.

Associate
Nope.

Our 951 prices are pretty much the best in the market, when were already the cheapest we can't reduce any further. So I am afraid not!

Doesn't take 2 seconds to see that was quite wrong I am afraid. Strangely SSD at OCUK are usually (most likely) more expensive than others in the market (not even factor in the postage for non-members), while graphic cards tend to compete quite well price wise.

Soldato
First I would google around to see if the board actually has decent NVMe support. Otherwise there's a good chance it won't work at all.

Thanks. I've been looking around and given that my board is currently running 2x7970 @ 8x8x PCIE 2.0 I only have 1x PCIE slots left it either wouldn't work for me or just bottleneck. I'll stick to my plan of a 500GB Samsung evo and get a "1080Ti" or AMD equivalent next year followed by either Zen or the competing Intel offering.

It's motherboard features that are driving me towards an upgrade rather than the meagre performance improvements we've seen over the last few generations.

OcUK Staff
OP
Does the SM951 NVMe require a driver for full speeds? Good old impulse buying got me the adapter and one of the 256GB drives, the read speeds seem fine but the write not so much... :p

SQmxenQ.png

It's the bench mark programme you need to try a different version if memory serves me right and try other benchmarks and you will see much better results.

Soldato
I think it depends on if the drive is OEM or Retail ...i think the retail drives dont need a driver for win7......i think

I'm on Windows 10 but... \/

It's the bench mark programme you need to try a different version if memory serves me right and try other benchmarks and you will see much better results.

hVCARwf.png

W9Uvsmy.png

:cool:

Last edited:
Associate
fyi for those on older pcie lan limited motherboards, i googled x8 vs x16 pcie and one round up showed very minor differences :), would link it but maybe classed as a competitor so :/

Back
Top Bottom