*** Nintendo Switch ***

Soldato
LZsIFXg.jpg

Latest News:

04 January 2016

Nintendo NX again tipped to be a console/handheld hybrid

The Nintendo NX has again been tipped to be a console/handheld hybrid, ahead of its full unveiling later this year.

Although the hybrid console and handheld design has yet to be officially confirmed by Nintendo, several rumours and industry people are backing such a hardware choice.

Reports suggest that Nintendo's upcoming console will include both portable and home-play options that highlight the company's dedication to both markets – currently served by the Nintendo Wii U and Nintendo 3DS family.

According to Queensland University of Technology video game lecturere Mitchell McEwan speaking to the New Daily, such a hybrid device would make things easier for Nintendo, especially when it comes to support for existing software.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/nintendo-nx-again-tipped-to-be-a-console-handheld-hybrid

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nintendo NX To Be Unveiled This June For An October / November Launch, Analyst Says

06 January 2016

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nintendo-nx-to-...r-november-launch-analyst-says/#ixzz3wTBBQY7p

Nintendo has been working on a new console codenamed NX for some time, but the company has yet to share anything on its new product. Many have speculated that the new console will be officially unveiled this year, and it seems like this is going to be the case, according to a Japanese analyst from Nomura Securities.

VTjkn4N.jpg

Soldato
I'm guessing it's going to be underpowered, overpriced and they will promise no more gaming droughts like they did the last few console releases and still end up taking ages to release games and have little to no third party games.

They will also probably end up adding another gimmick that doesn't work out like they had planned.

Caporegime
How restricted is its possible spec considering its effectively launching mid-gen compared to its competitors? Just trying to understand the mood if its gonna be PS4-like spec or maybe a lot better. Really all up in the air, but I presume whatever they target might be whatever third party devs want them to do to ensure decent support.

The assumption is that it will use x86 and follow the footsteps of Sony/MS when it comes to dev engagement/APIs etc - I havent a clue what the Nintendo SDK environment is like...

Not really interested but the question what the console will be is intriguing considering all the challenges Nintendo have to surmount.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
It's Nintendo, they don't go for cutting edge these days, I'd expect it to be between Wii U and XB1 in terms of specs.

I just hope they actually put a HDD in this thing rather than a tiny amount of flash memory that doesn't allow full game installs.

Soldato
In my dream world it has at least the same/similer cpu/gpu as the ps4 on a die shrink giving a 20% boost in performance.... for the love of god don't come out at ps4 pr below power specs :(

I want to see what Nintendo can do with proper grunt.

Soldato
OP
In my dream world it has at least the same/similer cpu/gpu as the ps4 on a die shrink giving a 20% boost in performance.... for the love of god don't come out at ps4 pr below power specs :(

I want to see what Nintendo can do with proper grunt.

Same here, anything less than PS4 performance in 2016 would be underwhelming for me. Graphics aren't everything but if you can't match or beat the competition in hardware then it will put certain buyers off from the get go.

Decent hardware with Nintendo's first party games will be awesome. Imagine the worlds Nintendo could create with more horsepower.

Soldato
id be happy with something slightly under the power of a PS4 if it launches with a decent competitive price especially if its a handheld/console hybrid, id like something that can compete and play the cross buy games but more importantly i want somthing that will give me more Mario, Zelda, Pokemon etc...

Should it be a handheld hybrid I cant imagine they would try compete directly with the PS4/X1 market when they have a massive handheld market they can try bring across as a priority especially if they include 3DS backwards compatability?

Caporegime
Nintendo 1st party games on PS4 or better hardware are going to be stunning. Just look at Mario Kart, that with a 50% graphical increase would be just beautiful, and it already is one of the better looking games currently out on consoles.

I'm excited, I'm also excited for crazy Nintendo stuff they will no doubt bring out.

Soldato
Considering what some of the developers (I suppose more accurately "developer teams" as they are mostly first party) have managed to squeeze out of the Wii U I can't wait to see what they could do with ~PS4 levels of performance.

Probably a damn site better job than a lot of the "AAA" 3rd party developers have managed with the Xbone/PS4 (Avalanche studios - take note please, large open world games are possible without the engine having to wear a nappy).

Soldato
OP
Everything we know about the Nintendo NX

08 January 2016

Nintendo will start talking about its new console this year. What can we expect?

The Nintendo NX exists, but that’s about all we know for sure. The big N’s silence on the matter hasn’t stopped the rumours from swirling, helped along by a rash of patents and speculation.

Arekkz has gathered up all the most interesting available information, allowing us to get a glimpse of what the hardware might look like when it manifests later this year.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/08/nintendo-nx-everything-we-know/

Associate
A console/handheld hybrid, I wonder how that could work.

ip8p5j.png

Soldato
The wii u had a good line up of exclusives but its soo flawed that i can barely stand to use it anymore, its been in a drawer for months. I wont pick up the 'NX' until its proven to right the wrongs with the wii u. Using that massive gamepad all the time was a big turn off. Just wanted a feature so you could use the console without the gamepad being turned on or being used at all and just use the pro controller for everything.

Back
Top Bottom