M135i Replacment - £20-25k.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29142453 said:
If you can't do a 3 because the 5 spoiled you - which I totally get as I'm the same, you will sit in the S4 for about 20 seconds before you fall about laughing. It's hilariously bad in there, because it's an interior that came out in 2007.

Yes, I know. I had a 2009 and a 2012 A4 previously, so I know what the B8 / B8.5 interiors are like. Which is why I was thinking about something closer to £17-20k rather than something £30k+, just to keep me amused for a short while. Sure, I could go for a 335i at this price, but don't REALLY fancy another e90.

I saw the mistake and edited, F30.

There was someone on Piston Heads the other day saying they got their M135i mapped to 400BHP. Is it the same engine in the 335i?

Probably more likely to be a JB4 or similar tuning box rather than a proper remap. As far as I know, there are no proper remaps for F series motors yet.

Associate
What spec is yours? Where did you get it from? Have you got a quote for buying it?

3dr, Sport Auto, Pro media, HK Audio

Got it through Gateway2Lease when they had the crazy offer on.

Was offered to extend the lease for another 12 months at a cost of almost £500 p/m.....**** that!!!! Please fully star out all swearing. Thank you.

Purchase price wasn't great either to be honest plus I've just bought a new house so money is tied up in that currently.

Associate
Good choice :) though the coupe is undeniably better :p

But 'dem hips on the M3...mmm

Already decided on spec.

M3
San Marino Blue Individual Paint
Full Silverstone Leather
Carbon Trim
HK
M HUD

Unsure on LED lights or not....really worth the £1.5k???

Soldato
But 'dem hips on the M3...mmm

Already decided on spec.

M3
San Marino Blue Individual Paint
Full Silverstone Leather
Carbon Trim
HK
M HUD

Unsure on LED lights or not....really worth the £1.5k???

Great choice on the paint!

I've got the LED's on mine and love them though as you said they're an expensive option. Would be adding comfort access imo.

Here's my spec:

Azurite Black Individual
Full Merino leather - Sakhir Orange
Carbon fibre interior trim with black chrome
19" 437M in Jet Black
Front Sliding Armrest
Smokers pack
M Head up Display
Sun Protection Glass
Reversing Camera
Harman Kardon surround sound
Surround Camera system
Speed limit display
Internet access
Adaptive LED's
Comfort access
5 Year Service package

Associate
Great spec there...surprised you don't have upgraded Audio...the standard speakers are shocking!

I'm aiming for at least a 15% discount...I know some people on m3cutters have managed to get it so by the end of this year maybe even 18-20% is doable.

I would go for the comp pack as well if it didn't come with those horrible wheels eurghh.

And I'll leave this just here:

bmw-m4-f82-coupe-c684413122014143419_3.jpg

I would go for the comp pack as well if it didn't come with those horrible wheels eurghh.

Associate
I saw the mistake and edited, F30.

There was someone on Piston Heads the other day saying they got their M135i mapped to 400BHP. Is it the same engine in the 335i?

that will be stage 2 not just a remap, mine was 417 with a custom map jb4 and BCS HFC and powervalve exhaust, not the same engine but similar gains to be had I'd expect.

currently running a cheap lease R estate and cant wait till its up to get back in a BMW :(

for value it will be an M140 [my hunch is it will be a run out model and perhaps last of the 6cyl in the F20/21]

or I might just go nuts and blow my savings on a heavily discounted M4 :) if still available

Man of Honour
that will be stage 2 not just a remap, mine was 417 with a custom map jb4 and BCS HFC and powervalve exhaust, not the same engine but similar gains to be had I'd expect.

currently running a cheap lease R estate and cant wait till its up to get back in a BMW :(

for value it will be an M140 [my hunch is it will be a run out model and perhaps last of the 6cyl in the F20/21]

or I might just go nuts and blow my savings on a heavily discounted M4 :) if still available

I'd be amazed if there was an M140. The 1 Series is EOL in less than 2 years and has had its facelift, which is where engine changes like that almost always happen.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29143413 said:
I'd be amazed if there was an M140. The 1 Series is EOL in less than 2 years and has had its facelift, which is where engine changes like that almost always happen.

September is when code changes happen so it should be clearer then

but yes I am optimistic about an M140i, not convinced it will actually happen

they did an LE of the 130i so fingers crossed :)

Man of Honour
The LE 130i was trim level stuff, which is very common. You'll notice the 130i never got the new N53 engine, even the 130i LE kept the old engine..

Just seems pointless changing the engine at this stage in production life for almost no real gain, you'll notice there is no 540i either for the same reason.

Soldato
OP
3dr, Sport Auto, Pro media, HK Audio

Got it through Gateway2Lease when they had the crazy offer on.

Was offered to extend the lease for another 12 months at a cost of almost £500 p/m.....**** that!!!!

Purchase price wasn't great either to be honest plus I've just bought a new house so money is tied up in that currently.

They quoted me £450pm.

How much was the buy price they quoted?

Soldato
£25k for a 5 year old hot hatchback doesn't seem that horrific to me, depreciation wise.

Roughly the same money as it would take to get a similarly aged M3 isn't it?

Soldato
Blimey.... Audi's RS cars really don't hold their value that well.

You think? They are both 4-5 year old cars, them RS's. With a typical 8-10k per year average on them. They were probably around over £40k new in their specs, maybe less as that is based on todays pricing, not 4-5 years ago.

But based on that, a £15k drop over say 45 months is "only" depreciating at ~£333 per month. Which is pretty good for a ~£40k car in its first 4-5 years.

£25k for a 5 year old hot hatchback doesn't seem that horrific to me, depreciation wise.

Roughly the same money as it would take to get a similarly aged M3 isn't it?

Exactly. And a similarly aged M3 would likely have been significantly more expensive to buy than either the RS3 or TTRS (they certainly are now anyway).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom