M135i Replacment - £20-25k.

Soldato
You think? They are both 4-5 year old cars, them RS's. With a typical 8-10k per year average on them. They were probably around over £40k new in their specs, maybe less as that is based on todays pricing, not 4-5 years ago.

But based on that, a £15k drop over say 45 months is "only" depreciating at ~£333 per month. Which is pretty good for a ~£40k car in its first 4-5 years.

Exactly. And a similarly aged M3 would likely have been significantly more expensive to buy than either the RS3 or TTRS (they certainly are now anyway).

Closer to £50k rrp for the TTRS or RS3 I think, once spec'd with a few options easily over £50k.

Man of Honour
9+23 8k Miles p/a
Initial Payment: £2,931.48
Additional Fees: £180 INC VAT £325.72
Per Month, INC VAT

That's for a M235i convertible. Quite a bit dearer than the M135i lease deals from a couple of years ago.

Ouch, that works out at £433 a month!

Soldato
Closer to £50k rrp for the TTRS or RS3 I think, once spec'd with a few options easily over £50k.

Just over £40k for a standard RS3 just now. A bit over £38k from broad speed. I would imagine that would have been less 4-5 years ago.

The one linked is gone now, but didn't look too hugely specced IIRC. £10k+ in options, while easily done, is a lot none the less. Probably closer to £42k for one with a halfway reasonable spec. Such as paint, comfort and sound pack, tech pack audi connect, cruise and tints. Again, no doubt less them years ago. You'd be ticking nearly every box to hit £50k+.

So still not too bad on depreciation, so long as you don't go wild with the options boxes.

Associate
[TW]Fox;29143413 said:
I'd be amazed if there was an M140. The 1 Series is EOL in less than 2 years and has had its facelift, which is where engine changes like that almost always happen.

are you sitting down Fox ?, quoted from dealer

"Nothing official out there....but seeing lots of unsold M135i at status 1100 in June falling into 0500 non-buildable. I cannot order up any more
3 doors now and have got only about 5 build slots left for the proper engine 5 door. No M135 being built after week 30 according to the system.
Sounds like a switch over between week 30 and week 34 for a September launch to me. All gut feeling mind.
As for deals, I can only use the current form to guide us, the 340i and 440i all came out with the same support as the replaced car. However there was a price increase. I have a sneaky feeling that BMW will throttle back on the current support by £500 or so. Means the new car will potentially be around £20 per month more than the old model."

Associate
Lexus ISF?

Just as fast, far better noise, more reliable, rare, practical.. all in all a great car! My opinion may be slightly bias..

Not sure whether you want to lease? Obv that rules out the Lexus.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom