Refusal to buy games because its not on steam

Soldato
I really like the look of Farcry Primal, however with it being availbale only via uplay I will not buy it.

Anybody else feel the same? I only buy games that are available on steam. uplay is rubbish and origin is not quite as bad, but i would rather not buy games that are not on steam.

Soldato
I hate to say it but I agree with you, I don't have uplay installed and I cant be bothered to install it, try and remember my password etc, even though it wont take 5 mins. :p

The game looks excellent though.

Permabanned
I'd rather buy games that require no client whatsoever, Steam is the best of a bad bunch.

And Steam charges ridiculous prices for new games which are cheaper to buy on disk or on key websites.

Soldato
i must admit i try and keep all my games under steam.

i have garden warfare on Origin but that's it. for me i think its purely down to keeping minimal crap on my PC.

i cant be bothered to install 3 separate bits of software to play my games and just like to keep it on steam and under one place.

Man of Honour
I like to try and keep it simple so if its not on Steam I generally don't buy, I've given in a little and used Origin for a couple of games but thats as far as it goes - wouldn't have gone that far only Origin has massively improved from what it used to be.

Soldato
Not fussed about Steam/Origin/Uplay really, they're all fine these days.

If it's something same price on all three I'll go for a non-Steam one as I don't think Valve's stranglehold on the PC market is healthy.

Soldato
OP
GTA V I have avoided because all the reseller CD key sites only sell the key for rockstar social club thingy. No! no! NO!

As for buying the games, I will buy via cd key sites 99% of time, but only if steam activated.

Associate
Similar to you. I was disappointed to find that Unravel wasn't available through Steam and begrudgingly purchased it through Origin.

Certainly would be nice to have all games in one place.

Soldato
Makes no sense to me. I can understand wanting all games in one place as a preference, but to completely miss out on a game just because it's not available on your one chosen launcher seems silly. Does it really matter what program you have to launch the game from?

Caporegime
I don't mind purchasing games which use other clients, though I try to maintain the vast majority of my attention between Steam and GOG.

Soldato
I'm certainly favored to buying keys on steam. If it means £3 more, then I will. But mostly, don't care as all games end up being added to the steam library anyway. Only down side is no steam achievements nor time racked up lol.

Permabanned
GTA V I have avoided because all the reseller CD key sites only sell the key for rockstar social club thingy. No! no! NO!

As for buying the games, I will buy via cd key sites 99% of time, but only if steam activated.
...you do realize if you buy it on Steam it will launch it though rockstar thingy?

Why not buy it from cd key site and make a shortcut on steam?

Associate
I prefer to buy on Steam but I'm not too bothered about buying from Origin and uPlay if it's not available on Steam or significantly cheaper.

GOG is also a favourite of mine, I like their business practices.

Caporegime
You're all missing out on some great games. I only launch Uplay when I want to run a game but other than that I just buy what I want to play regardless. Origin is fine, steam is also fine but I find myself not logging into steam for days at a time because I'm playing Bf4 through Origin.

Suspended
Makes no sense to me. I can understand wanting all games in one place as a preference, but to completely miss out on a game just because it's not available on your one chosen launcher seems silly. Does it really matter what program you have to launch the game from?

Friends etc, all in one place is handy I suppose.

On another note. Far cry primal looks bad, not interested at all.

Soldato
Uplay has improved significantly, downloads are always maxed out and it's unobtrusive with Origin likewise.

Sure, Steam is great and having everything in one place is nice but once your ingame playing does it matter what launched it ?

Associate
Makes little sense to me. So when Steam is down, you'd rather not play anything?

I actually prefer them if they are NOT on steam, although I do use it because I am forced to.

However, I do enjoy auto updating, although all distribution platforms to that.

I very rarely buy direct from Steam as the prices are obscene.

Actually, I rarely play anything now :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom