just took delivery of a laptop...

Caporegime
It's probably better with this being a distance sale.

"Hi I would like a refund on this smashed up laptop"
"No"
"Hi is that my credit card company?"

Caporegime
What makes them even more hilarious, is how ridiculously picky they are when you send something in to sell. "Is that a tiny thin scratch/mark that you can only see under intense light and at a certain angle!?...GRADE C!"

Soldato
What makes them even more hilarious, is how ridiculously picky they are when you send something in to sell. "Is that a tiny thin scratch/mark that you can only see under intense light and at a certain angle!?...GRADE C!"

And proceed to sell it at Grade A :D

I just avoid the place now, after a few disappointing visits. Last time I went in I noticed a Canon lens I wanted but after a bit of deliberation, I decided against it.

Associate
Friend of mine walked into his local CeX a while ago and noticed they had a 3TB Western Digital HDD on the shelves for the price of a 300GB one. He promptly purchased said item and ran away as quickly as he could :p

Only paid something like a tenner for it!

Soldato
Friend of mine walked into his local CeX a while ago and noticed they had a 3TB Western Digital HDD on the shelves for the price of a 300GB one. He promptly purchased said item and ran away as quickly as he could :p

Only paid something like a tenner for it!

Can happen with gfx cards too, they miss the 0 off a model number so its £100 less than the actually 2nd hand market price. :)

I only use them to get rid of my old phones and tablets, never buy hardware from them though.

Soldato
Can happen with gfx cards too, they miss the 0 off a model number so its £100 less than the actually 2nd hand market price. :)

I only use them to get rid of my old phones and tablets, never buy hardware from them though.

I shall keep an eye out whenever I pass a cex now!

How they are still in business though I'll never know!

Soldato
I'm still banned from CEX for merely standing my ground and arguing my case with them when they sold the missus a couple of second hand Steamworks games that they'd resealed and sold as new and then refused her a refund when rumbled.

Soldato
OP
still no reply from them, although it says 3-5 days.

I have a feeling that getting a refund will not be as smooth as with say...rainforest.

Back
Top Bottom