***kickstarter***

Caporegime
that just coats the 3d printed models i think, you still need a 3d printer

No it prints the model then polishes it with a fine spray of an alcohol that sligtly disolves/smooths it.

Theres before and after polishing pics you can see the layers on the before pics

Soldato
No it prints the model then polishes it with a fine spray of an alcohol that sligtly disolves/smooths it.

Theres before and after polishing pics you can see the layers on the before pics

No, its just a polisher. They're offering Polysmooth which is a replacement for PLA filament to be used in any extrusion printer and the "Polysher" which doesnt print.

Caporegime
But then you would get atomized polishing fluids all over your extrusion mechanicals :p.

I think it's a good idea to be seperate. They also look to be polishing multiple models at once at one point.

Soldato
Associate
2 kickstarters that popped up on my Facebook (yes I know).

First one is interesting:

http://www.biopod.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099003506/worlds-first-smart-microhabitat

Video:

This is actually a neat little idea. I'm interested but I want a more detailed explanation from them of _exactly_ what is in their database and can be done. Fish for example could be fun as you'll need to monitor nitrates (and other stuff).

I'll keep this on my watch list. Should say working away a lot it does sound like an ideal solution.

Man of Honour
OP
Yep, bit annoyed as theres now small rockets that could lift arkyd for about $600,000, as far as I can tell its only a 3cube satellite.
which is essentially what they took above there goal.

also 21million is nothing in space, so don't really understand where they are going.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom