Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Right, now we have our borders back, we can stop the dregs of the EU coming here.

giphy.gif

Associate
Except non EU immigration is higher than EU immigration is it not?

Also; much like Iceland, Lichtenstein, and Norway, if England wants access to the trade market of the EU they will have to accept the movement of people.

So, 'stopping' people coming in to the country won't happen.

Non EU immigration is checked at the border, unlike the EU lot.

No we don't have to accept the free movement of people to trade in the EU :confused:

Does China or the USA = No.

You are project fear.

Soldato
I live in Cambridge and a lot of my friends are highly paid scientific researchers... from Europe. From what I gather, almost all the labs in Addenbrookes and in Science Park are staffed mostly by researchers from Germany, France, Italy and France. I can't see the guys sitting on the couch on benefits (because Europeans are taking all their jobs apparently) picking these jobs up either.

Those kind of people would be easily able to get a visa in the UK and are completely unaffected by leaving.

Permabanned
Juncker will be gone. Sadiq Khan now extremely powerful, he has won it, boris has lost london.

Very likely scotland will cause break up of UK.

Conservatives not guaranteed to win an election involving just england and wales, very likely conservatives could lose the whole london in a general election.

Corbin whatever that useless muppet name is will be gone too.

Major economic problems for Europe in the future. Germany are now way to over exposed on this European project and has an ageing population. Scotland could become a much strong nation in the EU with England out.

it will be just England soon get use to saying it big englanders

Soldato
The percentages look close, but it's not like 10,000 or 20,000 people, it's like a million people. There won't be a 2nd referendum, the PM and Jeremy Corbyn have already said it will be respected.
I said theoretical. It's not about there actually being a 2nd referendum, it's about the idea that a 2nd vote might well go the other way, either through people switching their opinion or more people getting up and voting, as undoubtedly plenty of people didn't really think 'Leave' would win(including many leave voters) in the first place.

Meaning that supporting continued immigration clauses may well not be quite the political suicide it would seem to be.

Associate
Haha winding the remain lot right up!

Now all we need is good old Nige at the helm leading glorious Britannia into the future as the new EU powerhouse!

"Rule, Britannia! rule the waves:
"Britons never will be slaves."

Soldato
Surely you can see it?!

I, slightly emotionally, touched on it earlier in the thread:

But that's all internal politics!

If people are ****ed off at austerity measures now, wait until we're out on our arse with a few pennies to rub together. When the costs of everything goes up (even if it's short term for 5/10 years) and the poor/working class are still moaning that they can't afford to survive, these aren't going to suddenly disappear because we're no longer part of the EU. Austerity measures were needed because previous governments simply spent more than they could afford.

Caporegime
Non EU immigration is checked at the border, unlike the EU lot.

No we don't have to accept the free movement of people to trade in the EU :confused:

Does China or the USA = No.

You are project fear.

We quite literally do have to accept the free movement of people if we want access to trade within the EU / and access to their trade markets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom