• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
Right, please bare in mind the card is installed so this isnt exact but its as close as I can get.

Length=29cm
Width=14cm
Depth=6 1/2cm (2 and a half slots)

I have the ROG VIII hero and its installed in the top PCI slot and I could still get another card installed below it even though it would be VERY close!

As I said though, I cannot recommend this card enough. Ive always gone MSI Gaming cards but this is cooler,quieter and faster so the extra £100 they want is out of the question

How does the memory overclock on yours?

Permabanned
How does the memory overclock on yours?

Havnt stressed it much TBH mate. I stuck 50mhz on the core and 300mhz on the memory and it runs fine with no problems or throttling.

I will get round to a few benchies and such but performance is that good in the games I've played that I havnt felt the need to push it any further.

Associate
I too have had my OC Strix since 6th July after my seller got their consignment in on the 1st. I'm not sure whats happening with the OCUK stock as Asus seem to be fulfilling other companies first. For what its worth this card is fantastic and was well worth waiting almost 6 weeks!

I've a feeling OCUK put the order from Asus on hold in the hopes that the longer the delay the more stubborn so and so's like us cancel and OCUk minimise their loss on the early preorders pre Asus price screw up and pre Brexit price increases. ;) the cards gone up £130 since we ordered!

I'm sticking this out till the bitter end I tells Ya! :D even if I am GPU'less and have an Oculus Rift sitting here unusable since May 27th. I waited 20 years since I first heard about VR and 4 years since the Kickstarter to finally get my hands on consumer VR. I have the ability to wait a few more weeks!

Last edited:
Permabanned
I've a feeling OCUK put the order from Asus on hold in the hopes that the longer the delay the more stubborn so and so's like us cancel and OCUk minimise their loss on the early preorders pre Asus price screw up and pre Brexit price increases. ;)

Is that a joke? If not then I dont think you have your tinfoil hat on tight enough :)

Soldato
Couple questions about the Super Jetstream,

1) does it have dual BIOS (this isnt hugely important to me but nice to know 1 way or other)

2) Can the lighting at side of card be changed (I have only seen pics of it blue) or switched off? And is this done via Palit software - is it possible to run this software and Afterburner at same time, since I am more familiar with that and have rivatuner set up the way I like it as OSD.

Cheers.

Caporegime

1) does it have dual BIOS (this isnt hugely important to me but nice to know 1 way or other)

2) Can the lighting at side of card be changed (I have only seen pics of it blue) or switched off? And is this done via Palit software - is it possible to run this software and Afterburner at same time, since I am more familiar with that and have rivatuner set up the way I like it as OSD.

Cheers.

1. YEs dual bios...one of the reasos i bought it. Going to flash second bios with the modded Strix OC bios which gives 1.24v and supposedly 2300 to 2400 clocks if you have the cooling.

2. Yes. The lighting can be set to any of 16.8m colours or switched off. Once you switch it off, it stays off and you can remove the palit software.

Permabanned

Cheers.

1/ I think there is a dual bios but I havnt checked or felt the need to yet

2/ It can be changed to anyone of 16 million variations of colour or turned off. I installed the software, changed it to white then uninstalled it and its stayed white. You can leave it installed though and it didnt confict with AB for me

Caporegime
I've a feeling OCUK put the order from Asus on hold in the hopes that the longer the delay the more stubborn so and so's like us cancel and OCUk minimise their loss on the early preorders pre Asus price screw up and pre Brexit price increases. ;) the cards gone up £130 since we ordered!

I'm sticking this out till the bitter end I tells Ya! :D even if I am GPU'less and have an Oculus Rift sitting here unusable since May 27th. I waited 20 years since I first heard about VR and 4 years since the Kickstarter to finally get my hands on consumer VR. I have the ability to wait a few more weeks!

ISnt that something the jungle does? Sure ive seen somebody on here get offered a £60 credit if they cancel their Asus pre-order

Associate
I too have had my OC Strix since 6th July after my seller got their consignment in on the 1st. I'm not sure whats happening with the OCUK stock as Asus seem to be fulfilling other companies first. For what its worth this card is fantastic and was well worth waiting almost 6 weeks!

Great to hear mate. I might put my FTW edition on members market for what I paid for it (£619) Otherwise it will cost me more to return to ocuk for a refund. Insured postage is around £15.

could fleabay it and make a little profit but I really can't face all the hassle.

Last edited:
Associate
pretty dis-heartening hearing amazon got strix's first when you deliberately avoid them to support the smaller guy.

Guess that is just the way it goes unfortunately. Hopefully those 50 will turn up next week.

I hope OC is seriously on Asus' case about this.

OcUK Staff
OP
pretty dis-heartening hearing amazon got strix's first when you deliberately avoid them to support the smaller guy.

Guess that is just the way it goes unfortunately. Hopefully those 50 will turn up next week.

I hope OC is seriously on Asus' case about this.

OcUK has already shipped several Strix OC 1080 cards in previous weeks, this lot of 50 incoming is not our first batch.

Associate
Made me laugh when people interpreted the Asus tweet as "OCUK is getting 1000 strix". There are more than one or two vendors in the UK. Almost like this is peoples first tech launch with preorders.

Associate
Made me laugh when people interpreted the Asus tweet as "OCUK is getting 1000 strix". There are more than one or two vendors in the UK. Almost like this is peoples first tech launch with preorders.

I don't think anyone here expected OCUK to be getting all 1000 of them... Surely you are not foolish enough to read that in to people's posts? Any sane person would however expect that one of the UK's major retailers would perhaps receive at least 1 of that batch of 1000 cards if they do in fact exist? The fact they didn't receive any Strix OC from ASUS this week on the back of that ASUS tweet is what people are referring to and quite rightly in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom