Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
How is that example not scraping the barrel? Bottom of the range nil spec.

He sounds like he may be better off spending a bit less on a nice example from the previous generation than a crap one from the current.

Soldato
I've not spent much time researching these things (it's his purchase) but there did seem to be a lot more of those around than the BMWs for that sort of price. He doesnt really want anything high spec as even the base spec A6 has a lot more than his current car.

Man of Honour
What's the point in paying loads for a premium car stuffed full of rubbish like reflector headlights and little screens?

Is it about the badge? Buy a good one or buy a Skoda Superb.

Soldato
Eh, my point exactly. I keep pointing him towards the superb and Mazda 6 as its what I'd be buying with his requirements and budget. But he's dead set on the "prestige" thing.... I'm not going to argue with him too much as I really cant be bothered - hence just asking in here if there's anything specific to look out for on that A6

Caporegime
Not a huge amount going wrong on the C7 platform, outside of the usual individual car problems.

I'm not certain that particular car is a great buy though. I had a loaner of an early C7 A6 when my C6 A6 went in for servicing, and the early cars felt a bit lackluster in comparison. Can't really tell from the advert either, but if it's not been specced up (certainly the MMI/Nav hasn't been, given it's not got the larger display) then you'll likely have the awful looking monochrome DIS (center display in the dials), and the slow SD based nav.

I'd want a more highly-specced car, and preferably not a manual either!

Caporegime
Dynamic turn signals.

They look neat, but even the advertising blurb can't quite explain why they are needed. The best they could come up with is:

Audi A6 2016 Brochure said:
Also includes Dynamic rear indicators, the rear indicators which dynamically sweep from inside to out. This helps to clearly identify not only that the vehicle is turning but in which direction

Erm, doesn't the side of the car the indicator is on dictate with direction the vehicle is turning? :confused:

Soldato
Anyone driven one with the S-Line suspension option? (10mm lower than normal) - reviews say it can be back breaking but it does look a lot better. Wondering if it's quite that bad.

I don't find it bad at all but I guess it depends what you are comparing it against.

What I will say though is S-line in the new TT is more comfortable than the old mk2 TT.

Soldato
I've just done my first 1000 miles in the Q7, so far it has pleasantly surprised me. Had 44+ mpg on various occasions, and long term average showing as 34mpg. The only thing I don't like is having to clamber on something to clean the roof!

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;29765244 said:
You won't see a new A6 next year. 2018 at the earliest and Audi is known for stretching out platform life beyond the standard 7 years.

The current model hasn't quite been around 5 years yet.

The latest news I've been reading is that the C8 A6 saloon is currently planned for a Spring 2017 release in Germany and will likely hit UK roads in July 17.

Man of Honour
The latest news I've been reading is that the C8 A6 saloon is currently planned for a Spring 2017 release in Germany and will likely hit UK roads in July 17.

This would be the shortest product life cycle ever from a manufacturer known for flogging dead horses..

Soldato
So basically I don't know what the hell I want next.

I've done some reading on the Mk1 RS3 and some of the reviews I've come across are atrocious. And they were from current / previous owners.

So now I'm thinking RS4 B7 - Fox I don't want your opinions please. You'll just moan about how old the car is.

I know we have at least on or two current or former RS4 owners in here.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
So now I'm thinking RS4 B7 - Fox I don't want your opinions please. You'll just moan about how old the car is..

This is a public thread on a public forum so I'm not really fussed whether you want me to post or not :p

It seems you found that my RS3 dislike wasn't entirely unfounded anyway.

But the RS4 is different - sure it's old but it's old because it actually is older rather than new car based on a very old one. They are highly capable and crucially are residually very strong so you are unlikely to lose large amounts of money on it.

I'd m much rather have an RS4 than an RS3 for all of those reasons. It's generationally the same as the RS3 anyway so feels no older inside. Infact it seems just better all round.

Frankly the RS4 is a great example of a car that illustrates whats wrong with the RS3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom