German Grand Prix 2016, Hockenheim - Race 12/21

smr

smr

Soldato
I think that while some languishing teams are hoping for a shake-up that benefits them, what will actually happen is those with a lot of money (like Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari) will benefit and do better than everyone else because they have more resources and expertise to build a better car out of the blocks.

I won't be surprised if Mercedes still dominate next year.

Could hurt Merc perhaps that this year they're going to be developing to the very end with this year's car as well as designing/building the 2017 spec car, Ferrari might just give up and plough more time into next year's car, certainly looks that way. I don't think they'd care that much about 2nd or 3rd place if it meant next year could very feasibly be 1st with a bit more time spent on it than the others.

smr

smr

Soldato
Being able to lead from the front has definitely helped his engine. If he had been in 2nd and pushing for the last few, it could have gone bang.

That and the fact that the Mercs are awful in dirty air, they're only _that_ superior when they're in clean air, which is virtually all the time though.

Caporegime
That and the fact that the Mercs are awful in dirty air, they're only _that_ superior when they're in clean air, which is virtually all the time though.

The Mercedes ability to deal with traffic is far more effected by the driver. Hamilton seems to have no issue.

Caporegime
Shows how immature Max still is. None of the older drivers would have said that, perhaps thought it... but not said it!

Did you watch the video?

Between those 2 quotes is Lewis making comments to him about it.

Nothing wrong with what Max said. Shows he's human rather than a gagged PR robot.

smr

smr

Soldato
Did you watch the video?

Nothing wrong with what Max said. Shows he's human rather than a gagged PR robot.

Didn't say there was anything wrong with what he said, I just said it's immature. And I already know Lewis is a manchild, so that didn't need mentioning.

Soldato
Did you watch the video?

Yeh, Lewis was definitely talking to him about it, likely in agreement given Max says "Lewis knows".

Soldato
Didn't say there was anything wrong with what he said, I just said it's immature. And I already know Lewis is a manchild, so that didn't need mentioning.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all part of Hamilton's psychological war with Rosberg. Get the other drivers criticising him, get the media talking about his crashes and penalties, showing Mercedes team bosses that Rosberg doesn't have what it takes to win world championships. If it comes down to team orders and someone nominated to be number one driver... you going to choose Crashberg or a three, maybe four-times world champion?

There's a lot of stuff that Lewis would like to say about Rosberg, but can't because their Mercedes bosses won't let him. He has to toe the party line. Other drivers from other teams however... If Hamilton is in a position to quietly encourage that, he's going to.

Back
Top Bottom