Anyone bought furniture from Next Home?

Soldato
Hi,

Has anyone bought furniture from Next Home? Particularly a mattress, bed frame, bedside drawers and a sofa?

What did you think? Worth it, or overpriced?

Thanks

Soldato
Generally their furniture is over-priced. However it does seem good quality.

I got all my furniture (full bedroom) for around £300 cheaper from a local independent and is of higher quality, but I wouldn't run away from Next.

Caporegime
IKEA you really can't go wrong.

Yes you can.

Were getting a couple of Sofas, TV unit, shelving unit, nest of tables, and then eventually a dining table and chairs from Next. The sofas are the best we have found and the other furniture is all solid wood.

They don't seem over priced at all, especially compared to places like DFS. We had an Ikea sofa and it broke in under a year, took 4 months for someone to come and fix it, and then promptly broke again within a week.

Soldato
When we went to look for sofas, we sat on around 200 within a couple of days, and only 3 from next seemed firm enough for proper support, so that is where we bought, everything else was fat soft sinker style sofa, for couchies who can never leave.

garda range in both leather and fabric, both holding up to children well thankfully, garda fabric was washable when it needed to be thankfully also

you can get quidco online for next, but there can be dodgy about paying it if you are not a new customer

we also have the hardford range in various pieces of furniture, it is solid, but self assembly, very solid when made, I like it

-edit we have ikea wardrobes, big builtin jobbies, they are excellent as you can configure as you like, and plenty of other ikea stuff, but it is certainly lighter and cheaper than the next stuff

Associate
After looking at sofas for my flat 5 years ago I went for Sofa.com - expensive but worth every penny - it's still solid as a rock, the cover will wear out long before the frame does.

Going to phone them and see if I can buy another cover to freshen it as the colour doesn't work perfectly in our new house.

Edit: Yes, after 5 years, even though they don't make the model any more you can order new covers.

Last edited:
Soldato
Replaced our 4 year old sofa with a next one and been really impressed so far.

The only furniture we have had from next is flat packed laminated and would never buy again. So much so we have just purchased an oak tv unit from Cotswold company due tomorrow.

Caporegime
IKEA you really can't go wrong.

Ikea is just cheap tat made to look good but not last. It's good for what it is if you want to be regularly buying new furniture every 3-7 years.

However one knock to any of their stuff and it's ruined. The expensive looking finish will crack and chip off to reveal the cheap crap underneath (chipboard or whatever it is).

Whereas one knock to a proper wooden tv stand and it's still fine.

Caporegime
Really like the Next sofa range, some of the best i've sat on. Almost ended up with one in the cinema room but what they offered didn't quite fit our needs.

However Next will be a front runner when we change the livingroom sofa later this year.

As for the tat IKEA sell, fine for single guy in a flat or something, otherwise no thanks.

Soldato
If the sofa cover is a good cotton based material or leather then it is usually the degrdaing foam that limits the life and has to be replaced, next one I buy will try to nail down some assurance/guarantee on that.
The next sofa site talks about some 200,000 impact testing, so if they stand by that it is 50impacts a day for 10 years, might be good

Back
Top Bottom