PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
My TV choice recently went to a 1080p Oled. Partly budget but also because HDR is as mentioned first gen, I'm not a fan first gen products in general. Oled whilst not perfected is on its 4th iteration and when viewing an Oled I find it hard to imagine how HDR is going to massively improve the picture as it has unlimited contrast and the colours are already incredible.

I paid £900 for the lg55910v, used, with 6 years warranty left and it had been professionally calibrated. I couldn't be happier

I'll be getting the ps4 pro as I'd like the best 1080p possible with a console

Last edited:
Soldato
My TV choice recently went to a 1080p Oled. Partly budget but also because HDR is as mentioned first gen, I'm not a fan first gen products in general. Oled whilst not perfected is on its 4th iteration and when viewing an Oled I find it hard to imagine how HDR is going to massively improve the picture as it has unlimited contrast and the colours are already incredible.

I paid £900 for the lg55910v, used, with 6 years warranty left and it had been professionally calibrated. I couldn't be happier

I'll be getting the ps4 pro as I'd like the best 1080p possible with a console

What is the image retention and input lag like?

Associate
Sold my mgs4 edition ps4 yesterday. Now i can buy a ps4 pro when released.

:eek:

I'd never part with my beautiful red PS4 for something that arguably doesn't look as great. Even if the specs are better and the pricing is suprisingly not too shabby for the PRo. If I ever did buy a PS4, I'd buy it and keep my current PS4. But chances are very slim, I still don't have an XB1 and I mainly haven't bought one due to no room and nowhere to plug it in (my monitor currently has 4 consoles plugged into it).

Soldato
I'm currently looking at either the Sammy 55" KS7000

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55ks7000/sams-ue55ks7000

or the Sammy 49" KS8000

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue49ks8000/sams-ue49ks8000

They are both £1299 at richer sounds with a six year warranty (from richer sounds) and a 10 year screen burn warranty with Samsung themselves. The only differences in the KS8000 and KS7000 is the KS7000 is bigger but lacks the twin tuner and has a 2100pqi motion processing ability compared with the 2300pqi of the KS8000. There maybe some other things but they aren't mentioned in the spec sheet unless I've missed them. Edit: It has slightly better version of HDR dimming? Maybe just extra software tack though, loads of it on my sony and its better with a lot of it off. I'll have to check if its actually a better panel.

I'll go with the bigger screen as I don't watch much terrestrial tv let alone record it so won't need the twin tuner and I can't see there been much difference in (not that I fully understand) a 2100pqi screen versus a 2300pqi one.

Both are SUHD premium cert with quantum dot etc.

I will have to look around now to see if I can beat the price/warranty. That's a good free warranty though.

I got the 60KS7000 from RS last week and super happy with it.

If you haven't seen it already good review here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv7s8KGuKQo

Yes I would love a 4k OLED but the tech just is not mature enough and the price is a bit high :D

Associate
Thanks for that BigPig. A lot of people are saying its the best 'reasonable priced' set with most of the bells and whistles of the flagships. Its got all the specs I'll need until some better standard comes along.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!, wanna buy now but should wait until November. Must be rational, hope I don't spill coffee on my poor bravia while walking past it:D

Soldato
I don't want the Pro let alone a 4k tv which is why I just purchased a 4k TV and ordered a Pro. Went for a Panasonic DX802, due to my setup I only need/ can handle 40" so I save a bit.

Soldato
Thanks for that BigPig. A lot of people are saying its the best 'reasonable priced' set with most of the bells and whistles of the flagships. Its got all the specs I'll need until some better standard comes along.

nnnnnnnnnnnnnngh!, wanna buy now but should wait until November. Must be rational, hope I don't spill coffee on my poor bravia while walking past it:D

Yes that is basically the reason I got it. It ticked every box while being nearly half the price of the top end models. Needless to say the PQ is darn fine also

Caporegime
:eek:

I'd never part with my beautiful red PS4 for something that arguably doesn't look as great. Even if the specs are better and the pricing is suprisingly not too shabby for the PRo. If I ever did buy a PS4, I'd buy it and keep my current PS4. But chances are very slim, I still don't have an XB1 and I mainly haven't bought one due to no room and nowhere to plug it in (my monitor currently has 4 consoles plugged into it).

I know. It was painful. It was still sealed i n the box too..

Soldato
Yes, why wouldnt it be? The majority of 4k monitors are less then 40" so why wouldn't it work on a tv?

You generally sit far closer to a PC display though and it's often said the benefit is only properly apparent when you get to the larger screen sizes.

I know. It was painful. It was still sealed i n the box too..

Had it appreciated in value any?

Back
Top Bottom