**Announcing the Overclockers UK Racing Championship**

Associate
I'm practicing for another shot, not very consistent mind you. I'm kissing a lot of virtual Armco. :)

This is why I couldn't do this for real, I would be bankrupt.

Associate
So I'm trying to get some practice in, I have my slot booked, but just want to have a heads up if I'm going to be competitive or not.

Is tuning the car allowed? Or is a preset tune in place, to keep things fair?

Still only the two 1:37 times?

Associate
So I'm trying to get some practice in, I have my slot booked, but just want to have a heads up if I'm going to be competitive or not.

Is tuning the car allowed? Or is a preset tune in place, to keep things fair?

Still only the two 1:37 times?

There's no tuning allowed, default settings.

I play on PS4 and it felt a little bit more controllable on the PC and not as twitchy and was easier to get up to speed but I didn't really get used to the VR aspect of it.

I would've thought a low 36/late 35 would get you a spot in the track day.
I had a 36.7 and was in the top 3 as of Wednesday.
But go anyway as it is the 'dogs danglies', a brilliant experience and I found it handled as a car should - slightly inferior graphically speaking but much more intuitive than my PS4/TV screen.

Good luck, you'll have a blast. :D

Last edited:
Associate
I'd have to agree, if you really nail it a low 1:36, possibly high 1:35 to score a top5 spot. That or stop overclockers advertising so nobody else has a go and a 1:37 has a shot :)

Associate
Good to know. I can just about get a 1:36, but that's with a setup.

I'll reset to stock and see how much time I lose, and practice.

I'm booked in mid next month, it's a bit of a trek for me, but looking forward to trying out VR racing!

Associate
Hi guys! I have just had a look at the times:

Aero Rich 1:36:772
Born2BSlow 1:37:712
EC 1:37:939
BS 1:39:542
SM 1:41:074

There is a bit of a gulf between the top 3 and the rest!

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks Sircles, there are bound to be loads of peeps practicing like mad to have a crack toward the end of November me included lol. It's a deceptively difficult combo to get right. The chicane can catch you out easily. I can do better than my 1:37 but I don't know about topping the table and with VR it's a different experience...will keep practicing for now.

Associate

RJ 1:36:772

@Aero Rich, are your initials RJ by any chance?

Yes, my initials are RJ.

There's still 2 months to go so I don't expect to remain the quickest but thanks for posting up some of the times for us. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there, I've been telling friends about the Vive experience in Project Cars, and someone asked about the spec of the PC running it. Hadn't thought to ask myself, but what has the biggest impact on the graphics performance? Is it GPU or does a powerful CPU help? What are you running this comp on?

Last edited:
Associate
Hi there, I've been telling friends about the Vive experience in Project Cars, and someone asked about the spec of the PC running it. Hadn't thought to ask myself, but what has the biggest impact on the graphics performance? Is it GPU or does a powerful CPU help? What are you running this comp on?

I asked the same thing when I was there and he gave me a close example of the pc they were running.

A Titan Virtual force VR gaming pc -intel i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz, nvidia geforce gtx 1070 8gb graphics card.

Google that or go on the OcUK shop site and you can get all the extra info there.

Associate
I asked the same thing when I was there and he gave me a close example of the pc they were running.

A Titan Virtual force VR gaming pc -intel i5 6600k @ 4.5ghz, nvidia geforce gtx 1070 8gb graphics card.

Google that or go on the OcUK shop site and you can get all the extra info there.

Thanks Rich :)

Associate
I've just had a look at the OP and I see that the date for Bedford is Dec 3rd.

Is that correct and if so, will it be a full day or half day?

I had it in my head that the first qualifier didn't end till after the New year. :eek:

Associate
No that's right, I'm sort of hoping I get knocked out of the top5 tbh, it's my daughters birthday on 4th so I'm going to be busy that weekend :( don't really want to skip her birthday even for a most excellent opportunity to thrash cars round a track.

Associate

Aero Rich 1:36:772

Ooh not bad. I had a go today and got a 1:40.1 which I'm quite chuffed with considering I hadn't used a vive before today. I'm definitely having another crack at it after some more practice. :)

Back
Top Bottom