I'm having a quarter life crisis

Chooser of poor weather meets
Soldato
After spending the best part of a year saying I'm going to sell the M3 and boring everyone with every potential replacement, you'll be relieved to hear I finally sold it.

s5Hnzrg.jpg

The ownership of the M3 had been a thoroughly enjoyable experience, even whilst the car was up for sale I'd have moments of "do I really want to sell this?" (normally whilst joining a motorway in a particularly spirited fashion), but after 18 months it was time to try something different whilst I still can.

For a few days I had a tough choice each time I went out :D

DJQOlj5h.jpg

Plate may give a hint where this car was sourced from...

This is where you'll all be extremely disappointed to hear that all 4 wheels have survived my first couple of weeks ownership (haven't even curbed them!), although I've barely had time to drive the car (hence the terrible photos) so this may change shortly...

rjGEc1vh.jpg

In typical Porsche fashion, the options list of this car spans 2 pages, but the highlights are:

- Porsche 911 991 Carrera 2S
- PDK gearbox
- GT Silver Metallic
- Porsche Sports Exhaust
- Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
- Sports Chrono Package Plus
- 20" Carrera Classic wheels (these look expensive...)
- Extended Espresso leather interior
- 14 way sports seats
- Burmester sound system
- Porsche Entry and Drive
- Light design package
- Heated and ventilated seats
- TV Tuner

MbYma65h.jpg

All that remains is to decide if it's worth putting a warranty on the car, it's all been cleared with a 111 point check but the peace of mind could be worth the money.

BiwbUDlh.jpg

Had the first proper drive of it last night along some decent B roads and this is in another league compared to the M3. The M3 was fantastic but this really does make it feel like a family car squashed down into a coupe with a V8 shoehorned into it (not that that's a bad thing...). M-DCT was a great gearbox but the PDK somehow manages to be a step up, the 3.8 might not have the V8 roar I've been used to but with the PSE turned on the rasp feels very special.

Practicality is a bit naff though :D

vZw3oTEh.jpg

Will update the thread more when my plate is on and I get the chance for some decent photos.

Soldato
Blimey. What are you going to do in 10 years' time when it's time to upgrade whatever you're driving and you realise you've already had all the decent cars? :p

Well done though, that looks wonderful :)

Man of Honour
Congrats! :D

So... how different does it feel or have you not had the chance to really exploit it yet?

Performance wise I think they're about equal no?

Anyway, enjoy look forward to the next meet! :)

Soldato
I know i'm getting old as all i can think about are how umcomfortable those seats look :p

Lovely, enjoy!

Did the plates come with the car? It's nice to know dr house is known outside the forums as it makes his car buying antics believable :p

Soldato
Always interesting seeing upmarket cars outside a semi detached house.

So I take it all the IMS stuff has been completely ironed out by Porsche now?

Soldato
Figured you'd got the new M4 when you mentioned it the other day. Not particularly my cup of tea but can't knock it for what it is, hope it gives you many pleasurable miles Cal.

Always interesting seeing upmarket cars outside a semi detached house.

Why is it interesting?

Man of Honour
IMS is not an issue since Gen 2 997 really. Coking is now the issue due to DFI, but 991 has sorted that too I think.

I drove the 991 C2S at Silverstone last weekend and I have to be honest, I felt it was a very different car to my old GT3. Sure it was incredibly clever, its braking and traction control systems were very impressive and it pulls probably even better than my GT3 but the steering has lost a load of it's feel which is a real shame. What showed it more was I got out of the 991 and got into a 993 and the difference was massive in the favour of the 993. Great car don't get me wrong, but not a car that I would get up at 4am to go drive anymore I don't think, just left me feeling a bit impressed but disappointed it's lost some of it's "I'm going to kill you....kill you when parked......when you sleep".

Back
Top Bottom