The last game you completed, and rating.

Soldato
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare

I have totally gone off the series over the last few years and the peroformance issues in Advanced Warface were unforgiveable. I don't like the whole space/futuristic genre but this is a good game, very good in parts. I want to give it a low score but I can't. It's a solid 80 - 85% at least.

It's too big - 71Gb is too much of my precious SSD space but I can't uninstall it, I'm replaying it some fo the missions...:eek:

Associate
Completed the story aspect of Batman Arkham Origins and compared to Arkham Asylum and Arkham City was a little underwhelmed with it; plenty of cool characters and villains but the ending just felt abit flat.

Moved on to Darksiders 2 now and thoroughly enjoying it so far - original Darksiders was super enjoyable as War (although both can sometimes feel slightly repetitive with the hack and slash nature of it). Think the opening leading up to the encounter with the Crowfather has about set the tone of things. Also playing Dead Space and enjoying that as something to break the tempo.

Soldato
Serious Sam HD, in 2 hrs. Utter bag of poop.

You either played it on easy, cheated or did some speed running, either way you did it wrong and totally missed the point of a Serious Sam game.

Finished the last of the Just Cause 3 DLC last night, story and missions were pap but the weapons and vehicle additions were great and some of the new locations were ok as well. There is some big easter egg I've gotta go find now so a little more life left in it yet.

Worth the £8 I paid, but wouldn't like to think I'd paid any more.

7/10

Associate
Well its only taken me 9 years since I first bought the game but I finally finished the first Bioshock lol

Saved the little sisters instead of harvesting them. On the whole I really enjoyed the game and I don't know why i stopped playing those years ago. The Remastered version was pretty good as well. Some of the hacking puzzles were a little frustrating as I spent my eve upgrading other stuff but it was good 15 hours of game play. Liked the story as well.

8/10

Associate
XCOM 2

Loved it, though was glad to finish it because the random missions were getting kind of annoying. Just fatigued out I guess. It's unbelievable how attached you get to some soldiers, I would have legit reloaded my save if I lost a certain one or two.

9/10

Associate
Shadow Warrior 2

Just finished playing my 3rd go around with this game. First play thru was on normal, the hard, then lastly on insane. Much better than the first game. Tons of loot, weapon upgrades, and leveling up. Replay value is off the charts. Awesome music track. And Wang made me laugh a few times.

9/10

Caporegime
Fran Bow - 10/10

I think it's the only game I've given a "perfect" score. And that's because it's ****** amazing.

Point and click adventure game, looks like something from children's TV but noooooo, don't be fooled. This game is unrelentingly upsetting. It makes you care about this little 10 year old girl with some kind of mental dysfunction. She is a completely unreliable narrator, and nothing you see or hear can be trusted.

Ostensibly a simple story about her attempts to find her missing cat, but in reality I have no idea what actually happened in this game.

10/10, amazing visuals, sound is good, the "puzzles" were straight-forward and I never felt they were unfair. In fact many of them were too obvious.

But the compulsion to dig deeper into the story never lets go of you.

I can't recommend this more highly.

Associate
DROD: Gunthro and the Epic Blunder which took 55 hours to replay as I now have Drod: The Second Sky to try and was just having a practice.

Brain melting devious puzzle mechanics where room solves can take hours.

Caporegime
Spelunky - 0/10

A game where you always start from the beginning, is so difficult you die every 30 seconds, and there is no saving, ever?

Yeah, count me out. Much better things to do with my time, thank you.

Soldato
Spelunky - 0/10

A game where you always start from the beginning, is so difficult you die every 30 seconds, and there is no saving, ever?

Yeah, count me out. Much better things to do with my time, thank you.

I think this is the main draw to some?

I think once you clear a certain area you can then start at the point and then again progress through another area and start there each time? Don't quote me on that it's been a while wasn't for me either tbh but it was ok

Caporegime
Deadlight - 3/10

Horrible unresponsive controls, massive difficulty spikes - one section in particular that many, many people stop playing at (collapsing building) - generic zombie story.

No redeeming features.

jkb

jkb

Associate
Deus ex mankind divided. A sudden ending as everyone else has said but I got almost 30 hours of very enjoyable gameplay from it. 8.5/10 not as good as I hoped but still very good.

Associate
Infinite Warefare
Did'nt click with this one at all, just had no connection to the characters, did'nt care for any of them and had to force myself to complete it. 9hrs including side missions.
The space sim missions in the Jackal are all the same, and the cutscenes to gameplay are very jarring, the game just did'nt look that good, there was something just off with the graphics.
Loved blops 3, advanced warefare and even ghosts, but this was a 6/10, thankfully only cost £9

Back
Top Bottom