35 dead in Istanbul nightclub shooting

Associate
Spent NYE in Istanbul 2 years ago, inquired about tickets at that club. Ended up just down the river in the end.

A bomb went off in a police station on New Years that year. Turkey is a bit of a powder-keg and I don't think I would go back there around Christmas and New Year again to be honest, even though we had a great time.

Soldato
Killing in a spot favoured by tourists.
Are you sure this is to do with Russia, was that stated somewhere yet?

In the article, and yes it seems at least 15 of the 39 were foreigners, I guess they hope some of the tally were Russian - seems terrorists are running around Turkey with impunity.

Soldato
Yeah, because the fact they dont have free movement stops things like this happening...... NOT!

Aye and if they had it would be worse.
Much worse.
Strawman doesn't defend against protective measures.
If you allow easy movement, then it is easier for this to occur.
Yes, it still does occur, but you mitigate where you can.

RIP to the dead, and RIP to sarcasm in the thread.

Soldato
Aye and if they had it would be worse.
Much worse.
Strawman doesn't defend against protective measures.
If you allow easy movement, then it is easier for this to occur.
Yes, it still does occur, but you mitigate where you can.

RIP to the dead, and RIP to sarcasm in the thread.

Indeed sad to hear of mass death, no matter how far from my safe European home it may be.

However just stating "it would be worse" is not proof that it would be worse either.

Soldato
Spent NYE in Istanbul 2 years ago, inquired about tickets at that club. Ended up just down the river in the end.

A bomb went off in a police station on New Years that year. Turkey is a bit of a powder-keg and I don't think I would go back there around Christmas and New Year again to be honest, even though we had a great time.

I went on holiday to tTurkey like 12ish years ago, had a great time. Loved the atmosphere, loved the towns and the people were all friendly.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that place now.... back then it was reasonable and wasn't as conservative but it just shows how much 10 years can change things.

Soldato
I went on holiday to tTurkey like 12ish years ago, had a great time. Loved the atmosphere, loved the towns and the people were all friendly.

I wouldn't go anywhere near that place now.... back then it was reasonable and wasn't as conservative but it just shows how much 10 years can change things.

Ataturk would be rolling in his grave :(

Back
Top Bottom