Madeleine McCann investigation 'cost £10 million to date'

Caporegime
Just for the record, many people who commit crimes put themselves right in the centre of the case, it's relatively common.

But they don't spend 9 years ensuring that Scotland Yard is utterly devoted to the case, nor do they spend millions encouraging the world's media to scrutinise them relentlessly.

Second, if they lets say accidentally killed the kid, what do they do, return to the UK with a kid missing? If they killed the kid and did nothing, it would automatically be suspicious, someone asks where the kid is and they can't answer and never sought help, instantly obviously guilty.

Nobody has shown me a theory that credibly explains how or why they killed Madeleine and successfully concealed her body.

Calling it a conspiracy theory based on those points is laughable because they are all easily explained and in fact have happened quite a lot of times.

Can you show me any case like the McCanns, in which the parents successfully killed their child, hid the body, and got away with it under 9 years of police scrutiny?

Soldato
This isn't the one but it holds practically all the same info. To be honest, it's more in-depth that what I actually remember reading.

No tin foil hat nonsense. All quotations and verifiable facts.

Point 2 contains the info about the dogs as I'd stated (though what I said was from memory so not entirely 100% accurate).

Link: http://www.cwporter.com/mccann.htm

After all your certainty, your source is a conspiracy blog that revolves around government involvement, and is a massive rambling stream of consciousness with no references other than other conspiracy blogs.

:rolleyes:

Soldato
After all your certainty, your source is a conspiracy blog that revolves around government involvement, and is a massive rambling stream of consciousness with no references other than other conspiracy blogs.

:rolleyes:

This reads just like most other conspiracy stuff I've read and I dont understand why they do it?
There's probably some legitimate points in there but he's padded it out with so much made up crap that it totally discredits him in my view and i'm reluctant to believe any of it.

Soldato
This reads just like most other conspiracy stuff I've read and I don't understand why they do it?
There's probably some legitimate points in there but he's padded it out with so much made up crap that it totally discredits him in my view and i'm reluctant to believe any of it.
My view on conspiracy theorists is that it's an quasi-religious endeavour in self-affirming one's superior intellect.

"X may appear more intelligent and have more universally-recognised indicators of intelligence, but I've read this conspiracy and am now privy to this exclusive truth, therefore I must be smarter."

"I am capable of seeing the truth in this, where other people cannot, therefore I am more intelligent".

It's a corner-cutting shortcut to a misguided sense of entitlement and intellectual superiority.

Caporegime
Locked with a key that any member of the hotel staff would have, yeah real secure.

By your own logic, banks aren't secure because staff have access to the safes and computers. :confused:

But since there is no indication that any of the hotel staff were to blame for Madeleine's disappearance, your point is moot.

They neglected their children for a night of drinking with friends.

They had a meal with some friends (not 'a night of drinking') like normal people do. They were stupid enough to leave their children unattended, and only checked on them every half hour or so. It is worth noting that they have never been charged with neglect.

Caporegime
Nobody has shown me a theory that credibly explains how or why they killed Madeleine and successfully concealed her body.

?

I like the cop's theory that they drugged her while they left her and accidentally killed her and then covered it.

And with a crime abroad and a good legal team and their high up connections they have managed to keep the police off their backs and looking elsewhere.

Associate
Unlike most conspiracy theories I really do not see what is so hard to believe in the allegation that some sort of accident happened to the child and the body was hidden and later disposed of.

In such a case I could even understand good friends lying to defend each other especially if they felt a little complicit from not saying something etc.

I am not actually saying I believe this is what happened but if anything it is a better scenario than some of the probable alternatives.

Soldato
It is worth noting that they have never been charged with neglect.

Which is a disgrace tbh, I can't understand how they got away with that, if there had been a fire all the kids could have died!

There is no way on gods green earth I'd leave my kids on their own in such a situation

Last edited:
Man of Honour
and their high up connections

Who are the 'high up' connections?
I thought they were Doctors!

I am not actually saying I believe this is what happened but if anything it is a better scenario than some of the probable alternatives.

So it is a better scenario than her just being abducted?

Which is a disgrace tbh, I can't understand how they got away with that, if there had been a fire all the kids could have died!

There is no way on gods green earth I'd leave my kids on their own in such a situation

This has been gone over time and time again.
NEGLECT is a very big word and what the McCanns did is not neglect and 1000s upon 1000s of holidaymakers are still doing it.
What they did is not neglect in the UK but even if it was the incident happened in Portugal.
I never left my kids but perhaps the law needs changing when people go on holiday.

Caporegime
But they don't spend 9 years ensuring that Scotland Yard is utterly devoted to the case, nor do they spend millions encouraging the world's media to scrutinise them relentlessly.

Can you show me any case like the McCanns, in which the parents successfully killed their child, hid the body, and got away with it under 9 years of police scrutiny?

I'm not saying they did, I'm saying, if you kill your kid in that situation you'd have effectively no choice but to go to the police, so using the idea that they went to the police being an argument that they are innocent is daft.

Also what does the time frame matter, once you're locked in you're locked in. but again as pointed out, people who lie and get involved in the crime quite often go the whole way and commit to it because what other choice do they have. Do they after the first year of insisting their kid was kidnapped just say hey, meh, whatever, we're over that now? If you stop looking people will ask why more than if you don't stop looking. Also once you're past that first 6 months or 2 years and the police have nothing on you, why not keep going?

Again there are numerous questions about how they've chosen to spend money and they make money from things like books sold the longer it goes on. Again a lot of people who do commit crimes then get themselves involved in the investigation like the attention and stick to it.

None of these are good arguments for why they are innocent. I'm not saying they are guilty, I'm saying the points I replied to are terrible arguments for why they are innocent.

V F

V F

Soldato
Unfortunately not, we've spent years putting up with her mock angst ridden face and now we have to endure her "choir" on a Saturday night. Car crash TV at its finest.

I wouldn't know as I don't read tabloids or watch reality/talent show tv.

Soldato
Locked with a key that any member of the hotel staff would have, yeah real secure.

They neglected their children for a night of drinking with friends.

Glad it's not just me who thought Evangelion's post is completely out of touch with reality.

I almost lost it at "locked hotel room". Lmao. I wouldn't leave more than 50 euro-cents in a locked hotel room :D

They had a meal with some friends (not 'a night of drinking') like normal people do. They were stupid enough to leave their children unattended, and only checked on them every half hour or so. It is worth noting that they have never been charged with neglect.

You really are having a laugh aren't you? Can you please stop as this is no joking matter there's a massive contradiction in your post lol.

You say "They had a meal with some friends (not 'a night of drinking') like normal people do." But a "Meal" takes 15 minutes tops not several hours and then going back to check every 30 minutes ffs. You can order food to your hotel room too for goodness sake.

You lack basic logic. If a MEAL was the primary motivation here, they would have eaten something. Not abandoned their children. You keep denying basic dependence logic. :confused: Why? You don't have to abandon your children every time you're hungry.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sitting on the fence some of my most boring evenings in France & Spain have been having meals that have lasted 4 hours.
There is a saying "The Brits eat to live, the French live to eat".

That's fair enough. I've had some long dining sessions too, but I don't have children. And if I did have children I certainly wouldn't abandon them so I could indulge in deadly sins.

Back
Top Bottom