• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Reviewed ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Another review of what is no doubt set to be one of the very best and best selling GTX 1080Ti on the market, I know if it was my own personal money the Asus Strix would be a firm favourite for my personally. With great features such as 0db, 2x 8-pin, RGB, quiet and fantastic looks plus the advanced OcUK 3yr Turbo RMA service Asus cards carry when sold via Overclockers UK.

Read the review here:
Asus GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix Review @ Techpowerup

Buy the product from OcUK:

Asus GeForce GTX 1080Ti ROG Strix OC 11264MB GDDR5X PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £809.99 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING, Core Clock: 1594MHz, Boost Clock: 1708MHz, Memory: 11264MB 11100MHz GDDR5X, Stream Processors: 3584, SLI Ready, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, 3 Years Warranty

Only £809.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Browse the entire GTX 1080Ti Range at OcUK (Nearly 50 models):

OcUK GTX 1080Ti Range - Click Here!

Soldato
If it's anything like the one on the 980ti it's certainly nothing to write home about. The Palit/Gainward Jetstream cooler is much better from both a temp and noise POV.
The cooler design has changed since the 980ti so your not comparing like with like. The Palit Cooler is a 3 slot cooler and your right it is better but looks ****!

Soldato
Who cares how it looks when it's in a case? Plus I think it looks fine, fairly simple without looking like something designed to appeal to 12 year old kids with all the silly graphics and flashing lights.

The Strix cooler doesn't look all that different to the one on the 980ti, it may have a few tweaks but like EVGAs ACX to ICX, probably makes sod all difference. They're way too loud at anything over 45% fan speed which kind of defeats the object of an AIB cooler. Make it quiet or just go home.

Soldato
Who cares how it looks when it's in a case? Plus I think it looks fine, fairly simple without looking like something designed to appeal to 12 year old kids with all the silly graphics and flashing lights.

The Strix cooler doesn't look all that different to the one on the 980ti, it may have a few tweaks but like EVGAs ACX to ICX, probably makes sod all difference. They're way too loud at anything over 45% fan speed which kind of defeats the object of an AIB cooler. Make it quiet or just go home.

Well looks are considered important by some to tie in with decent builds.

As an owner of this cooler on a 1080 (not a 980ti) I can report it's very quiet (and I am a proper silence freak) and no real need to have the fans set high either given how effective the cooling solution is.

Anyway don't take my word for it. Go read the professional reviews where noise levels are measured. I read plenty before choosing this cooler.

Associate
O/C'S product description lists it as 2 slot, the reviewer say's three slots.
Looking at one of the review pictures it looks in between 2.5 slot?
It's hard to tell from 1 photo and 1 angle.
Can Someone confirm the slot size?
CHEERS!

Soldato
O/C'S product description lists it as 2 slot, the reviewer say's three slots.
Looking at one of the review pictures it looks in between 2.5 slot?
It's hard to tell from 1 photo and 1 angle.
Can Someone confirm the slot size?
CHEERS!
On my 1080 it's 2.5. Fits a 2 slot nicely but then the cooler sticks out slightly.

Back
Top Bottom