Poll: Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

• Irresponsible

Votes: 284 65.6%
  • Perfectly fine

Votes: 94 21.7%
  • Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 55 12.7%

• Total voters
Caporegime
Poll would be nice please mods

irresponsible
Perfectly fine
[obligatory irrelevant poll option]

--------------------------

Pointless GD argument from another thread - I've not got an issue with taking kids to a say a local/family pub early evening but if you're in sole charge of an 18 month infant then I think drinking a few beers too would be irresponsible and a pretty chavvy thing to do - you're not legally able to drive for a start, IMO you need to stay sober.

Anyway a poll was suggested so I've created this thread to get some views on a rather silly GD argument - no idea whether I'm completely in a minority with my view, perhaps I am, would be interesting to see some more opinions below and a poll if a mod could oblige.

Soldato
Beer garden with play area and one pint is fine, beyond or outside that is a no no to me.

If you aren't allowed to drive/work with alcohol on you, what difference is looking after young children?

Last edited:
Soldato
Not done it with my kids, but I don't see why it should be a problem particularly.

I know loads of people who drink a bottle of wine most evenings, whilst their kids are in bed. At least taking them to the pub is a bit more sociable.

Soldato
I'd take them there, get sloshed, enjoy myself, send the mrs funny videos, then leave them there.

I mean, if the prime minister can leave his kids at a pub why can't I?

Soldato
I personally wouldnt drink if i had to solo look after a kid that young. That said, taking a kid to the pub is absolutely fine depending on the pub. Time of day doesnt really play into it for me unless there were certain crowds at different times of the day for that pub.

I certainly wouldnt take my kid to the average urban pub of today regardless of drinking or not but if it was a nice locals/village Public House, then i suppose thats fine.

Soldato
I don't like to drink alone, so the kid would at least have to have half a shandy.

But i think i depends on the pub also, a lot of pubs are geared towards families with playgrounds and family dining like Charlie Chalk pubs were back in the day.

Associate
what about parents that sit at home and drink a bottle of wine a night? or 4 cans of beer?

are they also incapable of looking after their kids... i know a few that do this..

Back
Top Bottom