Poll: Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

Taking an 18 month old baby to the pub, in the evening, by yourself and drinking alcohol?

• Irresponsible

Votes: 284 65.6%
  • Perfectly fine

Votes: 94 21.7%
  • Pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 55 12.7%

• Total voters
Don
This time of year where the weather is warm and the child can play outside / in the garden, I see no issues at all with going in the evening and having one or two drinks. It would be no different to sitting in your own garden in the summer evenings drinking cider / beer whilst your children play.

I suspect most of the people voting "irresponsible" on here merely hate the thought of having children at the pub in the evening, regardless of whether you are drinking or not.

Soldato
Having seen two of my nieces prefer to be in the pub rather than be outside playing all because that's the only place their parents take them, mine will never be going anywhere near them except for a pub lunch.

Soldato
Are you sure they don't prefer an indoor activity, like playing ipad/phones as many kids do?

I wouldn't blame the pub if your two nieces are glued to a phone or tablet screen indoors, it is likely the tech that is more appealing than the pub, which is just a comfortable place. I went to the pub quite a bit as a kid and i just played cards, pool (when i was big enough), darts and interacted socially with everyone else there, as well follow the pub cat around

Caporegime
OP
What about if the pub has an indoor kids play area? If said child is happily playing in there is that still not ok to some people?

not if you're drinking and you're the only one in charge of the kid - at 18 months it isn't like you can just leave them out of sight either

Man of Honour
18 month baby by yourself... what if an accident happened... hmm doesn't sound like a great idea, I probably wouldn't.

With company or an older child, crack on.

Back
Top Bottom