Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
I had to visit a customer in the north west for the last couple of days this week. Instead of coming straight home after finishing on Thursday, I thought I'd take the opportunity to nip over to north Wales and see if the roads lived up to the hype.

Christ....yes. They do. The weather was appalling, but the drive was astounding. Stunning scenery, absolutely epic roads, and hardly a bugger on them, even though it was a Bank Holiday. I must have driven 200 miles with a constant grin on my face.

Typical Welsh weather means I didn't really want to spend long outside the car taking photos, and the ones I did take are drab even my by amateur standards. But what the hell - enjoy.

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/18iQnmEQMss

Evo Triangle
IMG_4202_zpsgg9hf8ie.jpg

IMG_4207_zpsf6kelynq.jpg

IMG_4215_zpsx0ls6akh.jpg

Nant Gwynant Valley
IMG_4220_zpsp5st04qx.jpg

IMG_4222_zpsteh2f6r5.jpg

IMG_4227_zps18b6kvzb.jpg

And one accident of under exposure, but I thought it looked pretty cool, so kept it :)
IMG_4211_zpsxmjzz43w.jpg

Soldato
Shame you missed the 4391, that's where the real greatness is out there. Evo triangle is garbage IMO, only one side of it is any good.

I'm sure there's lots more to see, but the idea was to head in the general direction of home over the course of the day. That said, I ended up getting home about mid afternoon, so I could probably have stayed and explored a bit more.

The Evo Triangle was fun, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I did other, more technical/scenic roads later in the journey. I think it probably needs to be tackled at higher speed to get the most out of it. Though being so wide open and with great visibility I can see why it's enjoyable in someone much more powerful. At least I can say I've been now though.

What side did you prefer?

Soldato
I had to visit a customer in the north west for the last couple of days this week. Instead of coming straight home after finishing on Thursday, I thought I'd take the opportunity to nip over to north Wales and see if the roads lived up to the hype.

Christ....yes. They do. The weather was appalling, but the drive was astounding. Stunning scenery, absolutely epic roads, and hardly a bugger on them, even though it was a Bank Holiday. I must have driven 200 miles with a constant grin on my face.

Typical Welsh weather means I didn't really want to spend long outside the car taking photos, and the ones I did take are drab even my by amateur standards. But what the hell - enjoy.

Route: https://goo.gl/maps/18iQnmEQMss

nice!

I think we should organise an OCUK road-trip day kinda thing.

Wales + sunny weekend + good drive sounds epic from my pov.

Soldato
Ug, how do I post images from IMGur into this on a tablet..? I managed it a couple of weeks ago.. disregard :p

sj7Avr5.jpg

340i
M sport plus
Harmon kardon,
Heated seats/steering wheel
Enhanced Bluetooth package
Pro nav
Parking sensors
Tinted rear windows
Automatic
Led headlights which look epic
Sunroof :)
Storage package
Registered in October, but only done 600 miles, yet £17k off list price :)
Bloody lovely to drive, literally didn't want to get out yesterday evening. Took a 15 mile round trip to Tesco, which is a 2 minute drive each way :p

Last edited:
Soldato
A542 ( horse shoe pass ) is another great road, stop at the ponderosa cafe too.

Quoted for truth, from ponderosa I normally turn right out of the cafe, straight over the first roundabout and then follow that road all the way into a town, not sure of the name. Turn right at the roundabout with the big Tesco and follow those dual carriageways for a bit. First part is a bit windy for knee down attempts, then good dual carriageway straights afterwards :smashin:

EDIT: normally head to Ponderosa from Llangollen direction

Back
Top Bottom