A penalty charge notice in Redbridge.

Associate
Hi guys,

Was hoping I could get some help/insight on this PCN I've received. When performing this maneuver I didn't see the prohibited u turn. Another reason for this action was to save valuable time of not having to going all the way down the A1400 road about to only turn around again at the Woodford Avenue roundabout.

I'll upload the pictures from the council.

Should I appeal against it? Is it worth it?

Soldato
So you did something on the road that you shouldn't have, because by your own admittance you failed to pay enough attention while driving to see road signs?

Sure appeal it, put the reason down as 'I was driving without due care and attention to save valuable time' and ask them to forward it to the police instead :p

Alternatively, just pay it.

Associate
OP
pnO
hhh

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Is it possible to maybe get a reduction?

Plus I just checked on Google maps and there is a sign further away, I feel there should be a sign as you come onto the road because I didn't pass that sign so I would now think that the prohibited u turn applies when im close to it or past it.

Soldato
How much time was saved and how valuable do you see your time being?

Just pay it, the signs both to the left and right of your car are "no U turn" on that junction, there's a camera sign on the one just behind your car and more than enough side streets to go down to turn around in including the one you were using for your U turn.

Soldato
Cant even fathom your thought process here... You know you're in the wrong but still feel like you shouldn't have to pay it?

Man up, admit fault and pay it.

Soldato
2hh3sif.jpg

If you didn't see those, might I suggest opening your eyes whilst driving? It tends to help

edit - damnit, Steeps got there faster :p

Caporegime
I know that area pretty well, seeing as I just live down the road myself. But the no u turn sign is there, no idea how you missed it though:p.

Might need to go specsavers:p. It really wouldn't have taken you that much longer to continue up the road and go back round via the small roundabout.

Pay the fine as you were in the wrong.

Soldato
Pay the fine and take the points like a man, then sit back and review how long you've been doing this and how much time you've saved prior to getting caught.

I got caught back in 2011, rather than going round a rather large roundabout with traffic lights on it, I used to cut straight through and then make a sharp right. Did this for some 10 years before getting caught. I worked out that prior to getting caught I had saved a massive 79,200 seconds, approximately off course.

After the ticket I never did it again but never calculated how many seconds since then I've wasted :D

Back
Top Bottom