Anti-Pee - Motion Activated Sprinkler, legal?

Soldato
So I've been asked to find a solution to try and prevent people peeing behind a restaurant I work at (the culprits are not from the restaurant). I've added a CCTV camera with a flood light with motion detection, this has not helped.

Would setting up a motion activated sprinkler in the area that people pee in be legal if a sign was to up as a warning?

Poo + Letter box is not a solution.

Associate
I see no reason why you couldn't... it's purely to prevent wild animals going to the back of the restaurant, right? :D

If someone gets caught up in it, it's their own issue.

Soldato
Was kind of you to add a flood light to prevent them peeing on their shoes.

I imagine you'd be fine to do it. What exactly are they going to say to the police "o I was trying to **** there and they sprayed me with water".

As long as it's not a route someone could accidently trigger I can't imagine it would be an issue.

Or create a YouTube channel shaming them :D. Make some money out of it.

I'm thinking have someone waiting wearing a killer clown costume to sneak up on them and wait until they turn around. A foam fire extinguisher. The list goes on :D.

Soldato
OP
Soldato
So I've been asked to find a solution to try and prevent people peeing behind a restaurant I work at (the culprits are not from the restaurant). I've added a CCTV camera with a flood light with motion detection, this has not helped.

As you're after a system that would (hopefully) be disabled if anyone who was supposed to be round there was going round there, have you considered replacing the floodlight with a strobe light? It may sound daft but when it comes to annoying drunks away it would work better than a sprinkler.

Soldato
As you're after a system that would (hopefully) be disabled if anyone who was supposed to be round there was going round there, have you considered replacing the floodlight with a strobe light? It may sound daft but when it comes to annoying drunks away it would work better than a sprinkler.

Wouldn't you run the risk of a law suit should someone be affected by them?

Back
Top Bottom