The µ43 thread - welcome to the really dark side

Soldato
Yup I think that's a fair comparison on the 25mm, cheap, pretty sharp but sample variation is high.

There's a range of zooms, the 45-150 is pretty inexpensive but I don't have one so know very little.

The 14-140 is an excellent choice, but more expensive.

The MK2 version of the 45-150mm is sharp, clear and very compact. Mine has been my go-to daylight zoom for a couple of years now.

Soldato
Does anyone know a good place to sell used M4/3 stuff? I spent around £3k total for my stuff but due to circumstances I would prefer the money right now. I've rung around a few places but I'm not being offered even half of that. I don't think the members market will be the best option given the price of some bits.

Soldato
Talkphotography

Will give it a try.

Always worth pricing up for selling on mpb. They gave me a really good price on my omd em5 mark ii and my 75mm. What you got for sale?

Will also give it a try.

EM-1 MKI
40-150mm f2.8 pro lens /w 1.4x adapter
14-40mm f2.8 pro lens
45mm Prime lens
60mm macro lens

Random assortment of accessories, like spare batteries, tripods etc.

Caporegime
Mpb give pretty fair prices and quite often more than you would get on eBay etc and definitely more than you get from a camera shop. Still won't be as much money as a private sale but much quicker and within a few days the money is in your account safe and sound.

Soldato
Mpb give pretty fair prices and quite often more than you would get on eBay etc and definitely more than you get from a camera shop. Still won't be as much money as a private sale but much quicker and within a few days the money is in your account safe and sound.

Yeah, they offered £1660 for the lot, was hoping for closer to £2k to be honest.

May post it in the members market and see if there's any takers.

Caporegime
Yeah, they offered £1660 for the lot, was hoping for closer to £2k to be honest.

May post it in the members market and see if there's any takers.

Roughly and dependant on condition I would say

EM-1 Mk1 £400
40-150 plus 1.4 £800 (thats what i bought mine for)
14-40 £350
45mm £150
60mm Macro £260

So yeah close to £2k. Issue you have with ebay you will lose £200 in fees so it will only be £1800.

If you have the time selling them bit by bit previately in forums will get you the best prices and closer to £2k.

Soldato
Got m.Zuiko 12-100mm to go with EM-1 MkII today.
That IS combination sure "glues" image on its place...

As side note its same size as 4/3 Panasonic Leica D 14-150mm+m4/3 adapter.
Such shame Panasonic made that "jewel" without weather sealing.

Caporegime
Does anyone know a good place to sell used M4/3 stuff? I spent around £3k total for my stuff but due to circumstances I would prefer the money right now. I've rung around a few places but I'm not being offered even half of that. I don't think the members market will be the best option given the price of some bits.

If you do sell stick an ad up in the MM because there's a couple of lenses I'd be interested in.

uv

uv

Soldato
Anyone got a wireless TTL flash setup? I've got an e-m5 ii and a meike 302 flash, tried some neewer radio triggers but they were DOA so I'm looking for recommendations. Not adverse to getting a second flash of required!

Associate
I had an itch for some small / lightweight primes for general walk around and candid shots at all the weddings / gatherings I have lined up. 45mm & 17mm have now been added to the bag.

OI000002.jpg
OI000001.jpg

Associate
Currently looking to explore the world of filters, have the Olympus 40-150 and panasonic 100-400 but planning on getting the 12-40 and also 7-14 to have a play at a bit of landscape work over winter.

Where do I begin with filters, what do I need to get to get going and what should I look out for?

Been pointed to Lee and also NISI but unsure at the moment.

Matt

Caporegime
Well had a bit of a clear out

Sold my

Samyang 7.5mm f3.5 fisheye (fun but prefer none fisheye)
Samyang 12mm F2 (bought for astro work but got a better lens - see below)
Olympus 25mm f1.8 (bored and wanted more bokeh)
Olympus 45mm f1.8 (stunning lens but again I am a bokeh whore)
Olympus omd EM5 mkII battery grip and 4 batteries (surplus to requirements)

And bought

Laowa 7.5mm f2 Rectangular with polarising, ND1000 and UV filter (absolutely stunning lens, superbly built and should be great coming into astro night photography season)
Panasonic Leica 25mm f1.4
Panasonic Leica 42.5mm f1.2 (oh the bokeh ;))
Manfrotto 190xpro4 with XPRO Ball Head with 200PL Plate (a steal atm at Wex for £177 including a free Manfrotto ND64 filter worth £47)

and........

Epson SureColor SC-P600 A3+ photo Printer

(I sold some other computer stuff to help fund it all as well. All told I had to put about £600 into it all so not bad)

Always wanted to be able to print my prints from home again so will be interesting to see how it goes.

Associate
Some nice purchases there, let us know how you get on with it.

Am interested in a tripod at the moment along with a few other bits so particularly interested in your thoughts on that.

Matt

Back
Top Bottom