illegal IPTV service owner arrested and released...

Associate
What does that article have to do with legal IPTV services? The guy was running a service based on pirated services as far as I can see but made no effort to hide his details.

Probably forgot to pay tax on his business venture too :D.

Soldato
not gonna lie, he kind of did have it coming running a large piracy service and not paying attention to security.

i'll confess i'm slowly giving up on conventional tv anyway, films yes and perhaps top gear/dr who, but why bother with the myriad of channels and adverts when i can simply subscribe to a few channels on youtube that produce content that i like for free.

Caporegime
I imagine the implications for someone running a large piracy operation and charging money for it would probably be similar to the implications for the guy referenced in the article.

Soldato
Plenty of payservers switch off after taking lots of peoples money, some people foolishly pay for a years sub only to lose service completely after a few months. Quite often servers just rebrand and start again. Not saying this guy wasn't actually raided but its all part of the pirate TV game and wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't.

Soldato
not gonna lie, he kind of did have it coming running a large piracy service and not paying attention to security.

i'll confess i'm slowly giving up on conventional tv anyway, films yes and perhaps top gear/dr who, but why bother with the myriad of channels and adverts when i can simply subscribe to a few channels on youtube that produce content that i like for free.

Same here. I'm not even going to pay the TV licence next year. TV is going in the attic, aerial will be thrown in the shed. A projector and laptop will go in instead. It's so rare that I actually watch live TV now, I think the living room TV gets switched on only when my Mum visits and that isn't worth paying £145 a year for (so that people like Chris Evans can be paid millions to make crap shows).

Soldato
It's always surprising the amount of people openly selling pirate IPTV services locally and "fully loaded" Kodi boxes without a care of being caught. Every day on Gumtree and local Facebook selling groups.

Soldato
It's always surprising the amount of people openly selling pirate IPTV services locally and "fully loaded" Kodi boxes without a care of being caught. Every day on Gumtree and local Facebook selling groups.

They were even selling them in my corner shop at one point. Not descretely either, big sign at the till.

Soldato
I saw a demonstration of such IPTV once and the quality was literally 10 times better than many legitimate IPTV services.

Quality of iPlayer is horrendous by comparison. Quality of Virgin's TV Anywhere app also total garbage 240p, and the bill is over £80 per month lol.
Haven't seen what Sky's streaming looks like.

Soldato
Never knew there was such a thing, but I can see the appeal.

While I had my desk pulled out the other week, I decided to connect my unused (for about a decade) satellite dish to my new TV that has freesat HD on it. It was a complete joke. Some of the channels were such poor quality, you'd swear they were filmed on my old Sony Ericsson K700i.
Needless to say I disconnected it again, and my TV has no aerial or satellite connection, just as it's been for the last 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom