• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

@Gibbo - Vega Preorders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The bundle is actually not bad for me. The games I would like and Ryzen will do nicely. Although the monitor I don't want (I do want a 4k monitor so choice would be nice). Also choice of mobo would be nice too.

Soldato
It's funny how quickly things change.

Last week mining was rocking and rolling. This week it's dead?

it wasn't rocketing last week either. It stopped being profitable about 3-4 weeks ago.

My mates leccy bill came in yesterday, his mining days are over for now :D

dreading when mine comes.

2014 called, it wants it's misconception back.

its not a misconception at all, hashes per watt is better on the AMD hardware. Didnt say its not faster on Nvidia hardware.

Last edited:
Permabanned
We had 500 of the 580 Devil arrive, and 80% of them are sold to gamers at £278.99 with voucher code, miners pay £450 each for them, hence not many miners going for them at that price. I have less than 150 left now, so sales have being pretty good, even better by the fact that gamer have bagged themselves a great card at normal none-inflated mining price. :)

And this is why Me and everyone I know are shopping at OCUK cause DELIVERS :D

Permabanned
it89o85t67gío76mmm kmjklgyhkui
We had 500 of the 580 Devil arrive, and 80% of them are sold to gamers at £278.99 with voucher code, miners pay £450 each for them, hence not many miners going for them at that price. I have less than 150 left now, so sales have being pretty good, even better by the fact that gamer have bagged themselves a great card at normal none-inflated mining price. :)

That was a decent thing to do, so kudos on that, I regret not grabbing myself one of the golden sample versions when they were available

Permabanned
The bundle is actually not bad for me. The games I would like and Ryzen will do nicely. Although the monitor I don't want (I do want a 4k monitor so choice would be nice). Also choice of mobo would be nice too.

Same here, I've got a Freesync monitor but I do want both games and I'm considering a Ryzen upgrade so if the voucher last's long enough I may get to use that as well.

i cancelled my order today for one of these, decided not to wait anymore and pay £300, decided to wait a little bit longer and get a Vega 64 at some point

I think that's a good decision, If you can afford a Vega card get one, it'll remain at the top of the RTG driver team's priorities for the next year or two.

Soldato
OP
Same here, I've got a Freesync monitor but I do want both games and I'm considering a Ryzen upgrade so if the voucher last's long enough I may get to use that as well.

I think that's a good decision, If you can afford a Vega card get one, it'll remain at the top of the RTG driver team's priorities for the next year or two.

I believe you have to buy the CPU/Mobo at the same time as the GPU, in order to be eligible.

Associate
I want to watercool one if I were to get one, so would it be worth buying the non AIO and just adding a block to OC it? Surely they are both the same card with one just factory overclocked?

Associate
I want to watercool one if I were to get one, so would it be worth buying the non AIO and just adding a block to OC it? Surely they are both the same card with one just factory overclocked?

Probably. Top bin is likely to be the Nano, but it will be available later, and by that time prices may have sky rocketed if the new mining ISA is good. Also power limits could come in to play at higher OCs if it's single pin, without a modified BIOS, relative to the normal RX64 and RX64 WC.

Associate
AMD released a statement about Sept Launch saying they wanted earlier but were worried about stock levels due to miners and wanted to resolve this by delaying launch to have more stock so "games" didn't lose out. This would hint that these GPU's are going to perform very well in the mining . I want one but I want an AIB Probably Asus ROG version. So might buy 1-2 ref versions on the ff chance miners will pay inflated prices once sold out and use the profit to make up the difference between reference and AIB

Associate
Probably. Top bin is likely to be the Nano, but it will be available later, and by that time prices may have sky rocketed if the new mining ISA is good. Also power limits could come in to play at higher OCs if it's single pin, without a modified BIOS, relative to the normal RX64 and RX64 WC.

My Nano clocked to Fury X standards quite easily on water. I'm hoping this will be the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom