Associate
Hi all,

I was hoping to get some advice/help with a new build I've just done.

Spec is:
Xigmatek Mach Midi-Tower Black
XFX XT Series 500W 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply
Toshiba P300 2TB 7200RPM 64MB Cache High Performance Hard Drive (HDWD120UZSVA)
Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP Edition 3072MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Intel Core i5-7400 3.00GHz (Kaby Lake) Socket LGA1151 Processor - Retail
GeIL Dragon AMD Edition 16GB (8GBx2) PC4-19200 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - White
Asus Prime B250M-K Intel B250 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
LMS DATA 120mm LED 3 Pin Case Fan - Orange
Silicon Power 120GB 2.5" SATA 6Gb/s Solid State Hard Drive (SP120GBSS3S55S25)
Asus PCE-N10 Network Adapter 150Mbps - PCI Express

There is an LED down the side of the motherboard which comes on when the machine is plugged in, so I know it's not a power issue.

It's definitely wired correctly.

The issue is, the computer doesn't actually power on, so I'm assuming this is fault of the case wiring, but wanted your thoughts before I re-order a part. I've re-wired the whole front panel to try again and no joy.

Any more information you all need to help please just ask.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Soldato
I had this issue with my build recently, I unplugged the PSU from the mains and the back of the PSU then Unplugged all the switches plugged onto the pins (Power SW, RESET etc) once I done that I started again... Going by the Motherboard manual I must've had one in the wrong place as it fired up straight away once all was plugged in...

Not saying that's your issue but you never know bud.

Associate
OP
I had this issue with my build recently, I unplugged the PSU from the mains and the back of the PSU then Unplugged all the switches plugged onto the pins (Power SW, RESET etc) once I done that I started again... Going by the Motherboard manual I must've had one in the wrong place as it fired up straight away once all was plugged in...

Not saying that's your issue but you never know bud.

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this with no joy sadly. Thanks so much for your help though.

Soldato
There is an LED down the side of the motherboard which comes on when the machine is plugged in, so I know it's not a power issue.

The issue is, the computer doesn't actually power on, so I'm assuming this is fault of the case wiring, but wanted your thoughts before I re-order a part. I've re-wired the whole front panel to try again and no joy.
It could still be a power issue - but could equally be something else.

A few things to try:
  • Double/triple check all your connections and hardware is seated properly - ideally remove and reseat all of them - including SATA leads etc..
  • Check the kettle lead is securely fitted into the back of the PSU
  • If using an extension lead try plugging PC directly into the wall socket - or a different extension lead.
  • Clear the CMOS
  • Try a skeleton setup - 1 stick memory in alternate slots, cpu and onboard gfx and nothing else. See if it boots.
  • Check motherboard is securely fitted - no movement.
  • remove front panel leads and short the pins to see if it starts.

Best of luck - report back.

EDIT: Is this your first build?

Back
Top Bottom