• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The RX Vega 64 Owners Thread

Soldato
First thing I'm gonna do when I get home (after I bomb pearl harbour) will be to check my Vega 64 Reference works, seocnd will be to strap on an AIO, have fun, and count down until EK release the aluminum block for it ^^

Associate
First thing I'm gonna do when I get home (after I bomb pearl harbour) will be to check my Vega 64 Reference works, seocnd will be to strap on an AIO, have fun, and count down until EK release the aluminum block for it ^^

Please let me know how you get on with an AIO, I don't think the Kraken will fit though? How are you planning on mounting it?

I'm testing now and keeping this thing from throttling is quite hard! the fans running at 3891 sound like a hand dryer!

As soon as GPU goes above 77c it will pull back and clocks start waving around...

Caporegime
That's my order cancelled, awaiting stock on the 29th, yet someone yesterday was told stock was arriving today. Can't be arsed with yet more waiting, and you would have thought they would mail us to tell us that there was a delay despite ordering when the site said it was in stock. Not happy. :mad: Apparently I wasn't fast enough ordering despite ordering at 2:05. :rolleyes:

Permabanned
I'm cancelling my order, been told they're hoping for more 64 LE stock on 28th Aug :(
It was an impulse buy tbh and at least i don't need to explain to the wife now!

Oh well, enjoy them and happy new card day to those who ordered before 14.11pm

Even if I wanted to cancel my order which I don't, I'd still be made to wait until the refunds back in my account before I can use the money to order a 1080 or 1080ti.
They apparently can't even find the second order I made yesterday for an 850 watt EVGA G3 psu but they found my account to the money for it okay,
I suppose I need to phone back up about that but I'm too p**sed off at the moment and don't want to start venting at someone over the phone.

That's my order cancelled, awaiting stock on the 29th, yet someone yesterday was told stock was arriving today. Can't be arsed with yet more waiting, and you would have thought they would mail us to tell us that there was a delay despite ordering when the site said it was in stock. Not happy. :mad:

Cancelling the order means that if we decide we want one again it'll be at the higher price so I'm going to wait it out.

Soldato
Please let me know how you get on with an AIO, I don't think the Kraken will fit though? How are you planning on mounting it?
I'm going to remove the plastic shroud, then the heatsink, I'm going to cable tie an Asetek Siberian Tiger (H50) to the GPU, then I'm going to hole saw the shorud from a HD5870 and cable tie that to the Vega in place of it's own shroud.

Associate
Just installed mine :)

j67rcF

j67rcF

Last edited:
Associate
That's my order cancelled, awaiting stock on the 29th, yet someone yesterday was told stock was arriving today. Can't be arsed with yet more waiting, and you would have thought they would mail us to tell us that there was a delay despite ordering when the site said it was in stock. Not happy. :mad:

Basic e-commerce fail at OCUK, but I suspect someone messed up!

Having supported GTA5 and Iphone 6 launches across 2 big online companies i know its highly pressurized and sometimes its down to a simple wrong order count in the warehouse or products placed in the wrong bins.

Oh well i mess with PC tech that infrequently that i'm not really that bothered.
I may explore Green cards, not had one since 6800 128MB LE edition and Doom 3 days.

Soldato
it's here, I'm absolutely gutted though.......no Haribo :confused::p

Now gotta drain my loop, put this in my system on air whilst I wait for EK full cover and backplate to arrive in a bit. Going to be painful

36414472792_26e04d30b0_b.jpg

Personally, I really like the look of the black card over the silver one.

When you say "in a bit" does that mean in a couple of hours or a few weeks? I wouldn't have bothered swapping out the old card myself until I had everything. I am lazy :)

Caporegime
Cancelling the order means that if we decide we want one again it'll be at the higher price so I'm going to wait it out.

True but we're already going down the rabbit hole of being told different estimates, someone yesterday was told sapphire aio cards were due in today, i was told the 29th, yorkshirepadd was told the 28th. Can't really be bothered going through all that bs again.

Soldato
There were two last night (cannot get to the website right now) - one for VegaRX (a 17.8.1 9th August one) and one for VegaFE (the old 17.6 driver still) - unless I massively misread it but there were two different vega sections

There is no CD or anything much in the box so there had better be one online.
This is the name of the driver file I downloaded last night: win10-64bit-radeon-rx-vega-software-17.30.1051-b6-aug7.exe. I've looked again just now and can't find any other Vega drivers, nor any specifically labelled as 17.8.1.

Soldato
That's my order cancelled, awaiting stock on the 29th, yet someone yesterday was told stock was arriving today. Can't be arsed with yet more waiting, and you would have thought they would mail us to tell us that there was a delay despite ordering when the site said it was in stock. Not happy. :mad: Apparently I wasn't fast enough ordering despite ordering at 2:05. :rolleyes:

Same boat as you. The guy in the OCUK sales (phone)was confident yesterday there was stock for my liquid, because had cancelled the paypal one and reordered with my business card. But today called and told me end of month or September. And given I didn't want initially the Sapphire but Gigabyte due to custom watercooling policy, going to cancel. Is shame because if I knew then there is no stock, I could have ordered from elsewhere they had stock and could have collected the card last night.

And given the new pricing for the liquid now is £700 (rrp actually) but without the discount vouchers for the 1700X/1800X in UK, AMD can sell mine to a miner. He will buy from them the next one also.........(sarcasm).

Associate
My order was 14:26 and is "in process" so not likely to join the owners club any day soon it would appear.... really don't want to cancel as I've been happy (mostly) in the past with my AMD cards. If I cancel then my last AMD machine will go green and that will likely be the end my AMD GPU journey. Having read all about delaying launch to ensure sufficient card stocks and being somewhat annoyed at the alleged last-minute attempt to dissuade reviewers from publishing Vega 64 reviews - in favour of reviewing a product that's not even close to launch yet instead.....

I really do hope that, as stated elsewhere, AMD UK are reading these posts. They have the opportunity to turn a fairly bad launch (in terms of high pricing destroying the Vega price/performance value proposition completely) into a complete disaster by not being able to restock retailers for weeks. Just glad I didn't fire off the pre-order to EK for the water block now. Shame I sold my 295X2 in advance... :(

Caporegime
Same boat as you. The guy in the OCUK sales (phone)was confident yesterday there was stock for my liquid, because had cancelled the paypal one and reordered with my business card. But today called and told me end of month or September. And given I didn't want initially the Sapphire but Gigabyte due to custom watercooling policy, going to cancel. Is shame because if I knew then there is no stock, I could have ordered from elsewhere they had stock and could have collected the card last night.

And given the new pricing for the liquid now is £700 (rrp actually) but without the discount vouchers for the 1700X/1800X in UK, AMD can sell mine to a miner. He will buy from them the next one also.........(sarcasm).

Aye, seems to have been a massive **** up on ocuk's end to say the least. They were slow to get the cards listed, they didn't even show in their own sections and you had to follow a forum link to access them, which makes me dubious about the claim they had over 1000 cards considering they weren't visible on the site for some time.

Soldato
Personally, I really like the look of the black card over the silver one.

When you say "in a bit" does that mean in a couple of hours or a few weeks? I wouldn't have bothered swapping out the old card myself until I had everything. I am lazy :)

They are being shipped from ek on 18th apparently. I want to put the card is system to see if it's working ok before I add the cover and backplate to it. Will just run it at stock boost until the EK goodies arrive.

Back
Top Bottom